Considering Kaladim

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by cathulu, Aug 15, 2019.

1. cathulu New Member

Do you guys think it's possible to catch up? If so, how long do you think it would take?

If my end goal is to raid, do you think coercer or necromancer would be a better choice? I thoroughly enjoy both of these classes.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Yes. About a week. That totally depends on the needs of the guild you're going to raid with.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Can catch up on either of these classes in around 5-6 hours assuming you have 2-3 kronos to pay for plvl, masters/experts and some mastercrafted gear. You can start raiding/grouping right then and there. Mastercrafted/broker gear is basically near best in slot if not best in slot in some cases. Only thing you're really missing out on is prismatic 2, but that only takes 5-10hours.

Also coercer.
  4. Keldo Member

This. Necromancer is powerful, versatile as hell, and solos incredibly well. As such, it's very commonly-played. Some evenings, LFG chat will have as many Necros LFG as the totality of other classes. Bards and Enchanters, however, are in a constant state of demand. I enjoy playing Summoner classes, but from a standpoint of "which class will guilds want?", that's Enchanter.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Unless the guild he fits with in terms of time, play style, and general fit already have all they need. That's why I say, if all other things are equal, find the guild first, then choose the class.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Keldo Member

I mean, yeah, guilds can certainly need different things. But I don't think it's hyperbole to say that 90% of "guild recruiting" forum posts or "looking for players" advertisements in-game are generally for Bards/Chanters. His post asked what class will be attractive to a raiding guild. Coercer is a class that any raid organizer generally has to struggle to fill or bribe members to level. Necromancer is probably the most played class on the server.
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Also, some classes are FotM from expac to expac and vary in desirability. Bards and chanters are usually the exception. A raid leader will generally run anywhere between 4 and 8 (combined, that is), versus 1-3 of any other subclass (unless there's some need to, like stacking specific debuffs, etc.).

Coercer is definitely a solid choice. When I come back for KoS, it'll be as a bard or a chanter because it's so easy to find a raid spot or group.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You do not need to powerlevel, buy kronos to pay for this or that or anything else. The server is 4 months old, certainly you can take more than 6 hours or a week to catch up. The mid-expansion content for the first expansion wont even release until October so you have plenty of time.
    Rosyposy, Breanna, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

Other than Hunter's quest, there isn't any mid content for DoF. Also mid-expansion should be around September 3rd.