Considered raiding from a Lenovo yoga 9i

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Taka, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Taka Active Member

Lenovo Yoga 9i 14 2-in-1 14" FHD Touch-Screen -11th Gen Intel Evo Platform i7-1185G7-16GB DDR4 - 512GB SSD - Active Pen - Alexa Built-in - Fingerprint Reader - USB-C 4.0/Thunderbolt 4 - Win 10 - Mica https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QH1C5PY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KZTYSDYHNTJ79VV4E3S7

So the boss (wife) asked to to raid downstairs and greenlighted a laptop purchase. This is appealed to me but integrated graphics I only really play Eq2 and minecraft dungeons lol.

Side note: I have a cat5e wired desktop with a ryzen 5 3600 32gigs of ram, and GTX 1070 I normally use. I tried steamlink on her MacBook and “works” but that’s additional lag and packet handling on top of the game networking, it’s not pleasant so say the least.

The ask:
    Does anyway raid on integrated graphics and have a playable experience?
    Will this laptop work for evening raid settings?
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

No idea about the 3D performance of the 1185G7, but I would prefere an external graphic chip, because most of the intel onchip graphics are not really usable for games
  3. Taka Active Member

Classically I prefer and have used discrete cards on desktops. My last laptop ran Eq2 in 1024x768 just fine about ~20 FPS+\-. The reviews say it’ll run most modern gaming and clocks in a little higher then a desktop GT 1030. So that’s be the compromise thin 2 in 1 turn down the settings and sit in bed for three hours with my Logitech G305,my tent fold lappie, and my wife.