Conjy Epic Pet AA question

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Conifur, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

Ok, decdied to look at AA's since the change - what type (scout, mage, tank) is our pet considered when it comes to AA? Also, the hate all comes to us right? So pet dehate won't work?

Trying to figure out new AA lineup.
  2. Wreakinn Member

The hate only comes to you with your epic pet. Other pets work as usual. Dunno what type it would be, but there are very few pet class specific aa's anyway. Deaggro spells work, but only briefly. Dunno if the 10% aa dehate works, seems the only luck I have there is with a competent group.
  3. Ntai New Member

First things first: The dehates in your AA's work fine. If you have Summoner's Soothing (Summoner line in Shadows tree) you get -10% dehate that is shared with your pet. Furthermore, if you have Minion's Intent (Heroic tree, third row), your pet can get up to -20% dehate if not fighter. Again, this seems to be working. If you spec both, the pet has -30% dehate.

So that answers this for the non-epic 2.0 summoner.

For the Epic 2.0 pet, this gets decidedly more confusing. For some AA's (possibly all), it counts as a scout, mage, and fighter pet all at the same time. You can see this clearly via Pet Weapon Mastery (Shadows tree, Summoner line). If you have that spec'd and look at your epic 2.0 pet, it will have all three buffs. The good news it that AA's like Minion's Intent behave the way you hope even if it applies both the fighter and the non-fighter effect since the fighter effect only increases taunts and the Epic 2.0 pet doesn't have taunts.

What is completely unclear (and I have reached out to Caith and Kander and have received no answer) is how AA's like Minion's Intent effect the hate that is transferred to the conjuror. If it applies before the threat is transferred, then it's good. If it does nothing, then why spend the points. Anecdotally, it seems to be working, but I'm honestly not confident in that assessment.

My spec is open on eq2wire. Feel free to go check it out: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/468152660082

Hope this helps!