Conjuror spell priorities

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Ozryc, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Ozryc Active Member

I am new to class and looking for a few priorities regarding rotation and also for grandmastering.

So far I have grandmastered scout pet and 2 of the dumbfires including Communion. Crystal blast is also GM. Beyond this should I look to buffs, temps, or other DD's? Or are none worth it? Other pets are master level.
    This toon is new to level 100 so epic is a ways off yet so not an option presently. And ascension is obvious - so class abilities only.

As for rotations and use of temps I can tell it is fairly simple and straightforward based upon number of abilities but want to make sure I am not missing something obvious. Tell me like someone who has never played the class which is fairly accurate in this case.

Oz
  2. Xerikton Active Member

single largest dps upgrade you can get is the epic 2 pet. make focusing on getting the epic 2 a priority.

sadly once you run a parse afterwards you will notice your pet, aa's and ascension abilities are your dps. the rest is pretty much just filler as the numbers are kinda low comparatively.

I do realize what to cast right now is what you are after so I will leave someone else to explain that until I can look at some of my pq and group parses to see what hits the hardest now. swarm pets have been on the dps yoyo for sometime and think it is at the bottom right now. last I looked communion was just ok but the water swarms sux.

here is a tip for everyone.
    get the aa transference as it damages your pet and heals you. put about 3-4 points in it depending on your potency. make a macro and put YOURSELF as the target. now you have a self heal every 12 secs or so. you wont change targets with the macro and also with the defensive stance on pet it wont be damaged because of the rune.

have fun.
  3. Zelox7 Member

Ill give you a single target priority list (i wont be including items or ascensions because then it becomes too complicated to put into a simple priority list)
    pre-pull: blazing avatar, shockwave, elemental unity, planeshift
    on pull: fiery annihilation on inc --> soulburn --> communion --> spellbind --> unda --> aqueous swarm --> roaring flames --> EB --> blazing avatar --> EB again if reset --> elemental toxicity --> winds of velious --> fiery annihilation --> planar burst --> bewilderment --> crystal blast -- > vampire bats (just maintain it when possible) --> shattered earth --> pretty much that and hit things higher in the priority as they recast... that's a somewhat decent base to start with you can modify from there as you get ascensions etc
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

one important thing was not noticed: learn how to use rising tide.

rising tide + communion + elemenatal blast rocked before ascensions and epic 2.0 :)
  5. Ozryc Active Member

Thanks for the feedback. The pre-pull abilities actually helped as I don't think I correctly understood how those abilities worked.

So it seems beyond ascension abilities and epic 2.0 our DPS is AA based with very little from class abilities excepting possibly Communion?

What % of DPS is non ascension/epic 2.0? 20%? More or less?
  6. Thand Well-Known Member

Unda is not the dps it use to be unfortunatly
    for me if you do not have the rising tide charm i would go Pree assentions
    Planeshift elimental unity Shockwave(Optional) World ablaze
    Then
    Spellbind > Communion>Elimental blast>Blazing Avatar>Elemental blast if ba Rest it>Unda>soul burn >Winds of vellios >vampire bats>other 2 temp pets then fil in others as needed
    also remember Winds,bats , and elimental unity and worlds ablaze that last way longer than the cast time if your UI has spells time in you put those 4 in you spell times re hit world ablaze just before it expire and the others as they expire

With rising tide and asentions
    cast riseing tide first and your biggest nuke ascension in place of Spell bind when the extra pot hits After communion as risieng tide will of wore off just after Communion gets cast Spellbind before EB
    Also remember are best interrupts are Winds of Velious followed by Earthquake on non epic targets
  7. Zelox7 Member

8. Veta Well-Known Member

Aww, I'm so proud of you. Just a word of advice though. You could also be macroing your shockwave, shadowstep, and unda into Aqueous, as well as others. That leaves up to 3 less button to press and it will all still go off in your burst. I was a little upset when I noticed your stuff at the bottom not going off. |--------| <--- like that much upset.
  9. Zelox7 Member

^ what veta said I've just been kind of lazy
  10. Mrmacky Active Member

I would prioritize petrify in there somehow
  11. Ozryc Active Member

Game is down so can't check - are those quick casting? Is that why you specifically mention macroing those?
  12. Veta Well-Known Member

They are abilities with no cast/no recovery means if you make a macro set like:
    Shockwave
    Unda
    Fiery Annihilation (check the primary box for this)
    Top to bottom the abilities will go off and not affect your casting at all. For me, as an example, I have the rotation set up for Elemental Blast/Rot Flesh, so that when I end my swarm burst my stat spike should be affecting my straight cast abilities giving me full damage on them as well as the swarm spike.