Conjuror Problems that Need Addressed

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mohee, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Mohee Active Member

A list of spells that need to be fixed.

Limited Pets
    • Aqueous Swarm
    • Roaring Flames
    • Communion
    None of these pets are AoE immune, which means in 99% of all cases, the moment the swarm/limited pets reach the mob, they die instantly.

If these pets manage to reach the mob and they actually hit it a few times, they do not crit, and their damage is not affected by any of the Conjurors stats. At level 92, you can see that these mobs will hit on average for about 100-300 damage. Again, these mobs die instantly so they usually don't even get a chance of 1 or 2 hits in.

Communion also causes the raid-wide buff Fires from Within to cancel during its duration. Communion pets also do not crit and they are not affected by any of the conjurors stats.

• Sacrifice
    While this spell looks and sounds great, it does not crit. This makes the effect of the spell barely noticeable when it is used. It is clear from a number of the conjurors spells, and even prestige abilities now, that SOE wants to give the option of Conjurors to bring a bit of utility to groups/raids as well as DPS. Other Conjuror spells that heal crit, like Transference and Heal Servant, why doesn't Sacrifice crit? This would be a nice little bit of extra utility for an emergency group HP/Power replenishing spell if it would just crit. Seeing as how it has a fairly long recast time. Please look into this.

Pets
    • Aery Hunter
    • Hydromancer
    The Aery Hunter is the Conjurors "scout" pet. It is a swashbuckler class. No matter how you spec your character, these pet does HALF or less, of the DPS that the Mage pet does.

The Hydromancer is the Conjurors "priest" pet. I believe it is a Warden class (haven't checked in a long time). The usefulness of this pet is pretty much non existent. I'm pretty sure none of its abilities crit, and even if they did, they are such an initial low amount anyway, its useless at any level. Again, here is a pet (gained from an AA) that would add more utility to a Conjuror and give them greater flexibility in what role they want to play in a group.

So out of the possible 4 pets a Conjuror can obtain and use, only 2 of them are worth using. Given the tank pet is only useful when soloing.

If a dev wants more information on what exactly isn't working on these pets, and would like to know ways to fix them, please PM me. I have a lot of information to give.

Lastly, I strongly encourage fellow Conjurors to please /bug these issues in game, as well as sending /feedback in game as well. Lets band together and really show SOE how much we want these issues fixed as they have been broken for far, far too many years! Show us Conjurors some much needed love SOE! Please!
    Estred and Wolfsbaine like this.
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Limited pets need to crit and use the conjuror's stats for damage.

Scout pets need an AI overhaul because they don't even cast half their CAs, and on top of that they wait forever between casting the few they do.

Hydromancer/Ooze need to be completely redone and given stronger spells if it's intended to be a main pet or allow summoners to have it out in addition to their main pet and make the hydromancer a buffer and the ooze a debuffer.
    Pixilicious and Wolfsbaine like this.
  3. ITPalg Member

Is Teamwork working properly yet?
  4. Mohee Active Member

No, the scout pet is a Swashbuckler, and it doesn't give bard like buffs so im not sure where you got that info from... Its supposed to be a DPS pet that is an alternative to using the mage pet. Melee versus ranged. That SHOULD be the only difference, their dps output should be the same.

All we are asking is for SOE to fix what has been given to conjurors, and been broken for so many years...

This is a legitimate request of just FIXING what Spells/Skills are ALREADY there.
  5. ITPalg Member

You must have been out of the loop to not know about how they were discussing it being a bard type some time ago.
    When I possess minion I see heat and cold damage in its abilities.
  6. Mohee Active Member

Well I see its class as being a Swashbuckler...
    And last time I checked Swashbucklers are a Scout DPS class.

And many many years ago, the scout pet did just about the same DPS as the Mage pet. It's been worse than even the tank pet for many years...
  7. EQplayer New Member

A couple things. The fire and forget pets were never intended to act like real pets, they are basically a DOT with animation. They've never been particularly effective or useful. They are really only good for firing on an add, where they can buy you some time by taking a few hits. The scout pet DPS has always been inferior to the mage pet. In theory it should have better single target DPS and survivability then the mage pet, but that's never been the case.

These are very old issues the necro mirror spells share. If they haven't been addressed after 8 years I wouldn't get my hopes up of them being changed any time soon. The devs apparently think they are working as intended.
  8. Skulls Member

ADDITIONAL BROKEN CONJUROR SPELLS?????????????
    1. Flameshield does not crit making it pretty worthless
    2. Antagonize (pets offensive stance adds no increased spell damage to mage pet)
    3. Offensive Onslaught in shadow line AA tree also not working for reason stated above
    4. Communion not only cancels your fire from within buff it stops all other conjuror damage spells cast from crit damage for 30 seconds, using this spell will really reduce your dps, its horrible.
    5. Plane Shift - Soulburn conflict has made Plane Shift pretty useless to use ( Wizards get huge manaburn damage from all the additional higher stats on gear raising there max power, plus adding power adorns, reforging to power and power on mounts and crafted totems) ( Same with necromancer lifeburn, huge damage increase due to higher gear stats and STA, plus more max health from adorns, reforging, mounts and crafted totems) (WHY CANT THE CONJUROR CAST ONE OR TWO SOULBURNS for higher damage DURING PLANE SHIFT?) this would only allow a couple higher damage hits only when plane shift is up (wizard and necromancer have there huge manaburn and lifeburn damage full time, all the time for every cast of their biggest spell?)???????
    6. Finally conjuror pets hate or aggro is rediculous, the conjuror pet should share the hate mod stat with the conjuror so we can adorn fading to reduce the pets hate ( the AA tree hate lines even when taken do not solve this issue enough) For the conjy its three biggest damage spells ( blazing avatar, soulburn and elemental blast ) all go through the pet making aggro, hate overkill for conjy pet.
    Pixilicious and Loldawg like this.
  9. Lantis New Member

The hydromancer issue would be so easy to fix now that SOE has the Merc mechanics in place. They could simply base it on a healer Merc, and fix this age-old issue once and for all. Considering you lose your DPS pet to put the Hydromancer up, it would still be power-balanced to make it equal to a Merc.

I think the aggro is fine as it is however. Aggro control is so trivial nowadays, what would be the point of implementing aggro if you could just have all your nukes go off without ever ripping? It just takes AA speccing and player skill to control your aggro.
  10. Mohee Active Member

Glad to see conjurors are still getting completely ignored... we can never seem to get any attention from a Dev, no response of at least either "we are working on it" or "we have no plans on fixing all your broken stuff any year soon"

fix the stuff we currently have, we won't ever forget about all the broken stuff no matter what kind of new stuff you try and cover it up with... unless you remove all the broken stuff entirely...
  11. Luhai Active Member

Also Essence Shift still puts you into combat.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

Hell I haven't played my necro/conj in years because of these I got tired of soloing purly with mage/tank pets she only is lvl 42 right now. I felt limited by the AA/Spell impelementation though about EB and pet aggro; a good tank won't have any problems if your pet decides to EB+Soulburn+BA at the same time regardless of who casts it you as the conjy/conjy pet are 1 hate position and tanks can jump multitudes of them especially the MT classes.

+1 for fixing the conjies forgotten pets!
  13. eqnextarian New Member

I use the fire mage pet whenever grouped or I am yelled at and told to use it. Was using the tank pet but months ago it started dying while tanking anything close to its level. I couldn't hold agro, it couldn't hit and poof it was killed and so was I. The other pets are a joke. They die instantly when confronting anything close ot their level, their skills are almost useless or don't kick in and I rarely find them helpful to do anything.

Please let us buy an more powerful, useful upgrade to one or more of thse pets from the SC store. Why not combine and streamline our pets into two or even one kind of pet? If you don't want us to use them in BG';s or in Group then let us buy a "solo Pet that is merc-like" and only works in regular world and solo.

Also, seems like almost everyone has an aoe blocker on in BG. A few of us have noted that in too many BG;'s there is an AoE Cone of Uselesseness blocker on the entire game zone and it lasts for many minutes. When we scream about it in SHOUT in BG and threaten to turn in possible hackers that someone will tell us its an anti aoe potion with long lasting huge area of affect or the effect suddenly shuts off for that BG. The aoe blocker kills off many of our proxy-alt one use pet spells or other spells.
  14. Lantis New Member

To be accurate, it will pull you in combat if you are using a secondary item that can be used as a Spell Weapon.
  15. Mohee Active Member

Hello? All of these issues still need addressed. Its been to many years...

Thanks.
  16. Loldawg Member

I like this idea - especially when you consider the health / mana improvements that we've had - this would be a marginal increase. Necros are definitely top summoner right now, this could help balance it out.

I also like the idea of having swarm pets crit, debuff, maybe even debuff max health of the mob. Give them AOE prevents, and all of a sudden our classes become much more about SUMMONING things, which is part of the allure of playing these classes.
  17. Mohee Active Member

Any updates on when all these completely broken/useless spells and abilities will be fixed?

One would think broken spells on a class would be a top priority to fix.

Yet these remain bugged, broken, useless... year after year...
  18. Mohee Active Member

19. Mohee Active Member

Everything on this thread is still broken SoE... Here is another to add to the ever-growing list... ELEMENTAL BARRIER
  20. Stormkiller Member

I agree with most of the above started playing eq2 5 years ago my first toon was a conjy not played him for months now except to keep him leveled. Has one of the biggest spell lists in game and most of them are useless