Conjurer Pets

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Rthen, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Rthen New Member

Ok, I know this has been beaten to death...

I was wondering what will be done, if anything, to fix the Air pet and Do Something interesting with the Water Pet (like make it a damage pet)?

I accept the fact that the earth pet is for soloing.. and does well enough..

I can accept that my raid pet will always be the fire pet...

However, the class feels broken in so far as the Air and Water pets are concerned.

Any chance these will be fixed?

An official, SoE response that says: NO would even be cool. I could then simple remove the air pet from my GUI, I already unspeced the AA water pet.

Conjurers really are in some ways a pale version of the magician class of EQ1.. then only good thing is at least they parse better in respect to other damage classes here in EQ2.
  2. Mohee Active Member

3. Thalador Active Member

I do not play a conjy but agree 100%. Adding new content/features is great, but let's fix what we have.
  4. The Jones Active Member

I also agree 100%. I'm not normally one to complain about random bugs/issues that pop up because I know it will happen, but there is really no excuse for having broken pets or spells for years. I read all of the update notes and I rarely see things in the notes that should have been implemented before things like these broken spells.

The air pet drives me nuts, but it's also frustrating that every class has the temporary pet spells that aren't even worth putting on your hotbar because they don't crit and for whatever reason haven't scaled properly since they were first conceived.

It amazes me that SOE has done nothing about this. I realize that the conjy class is still potent when your speced exactly as you need to be, but if I were a new player that picked a conjy I would instantly quit the game when I realized how many of my spells were useless.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

They need to also fix the "broken spells and CA's" on Players first tbh. Pets need fixing but I would argue that the classes need fixes first. Dumfire-pets like the Brigands and the Aqueous Swarm and Broodlings need to be remade. There are a number of spell s on ALL mages that do not work at all.

The biggest thing is as gear pushes us PC's ever towards Godhood in terms of power the class distinctions are beginning to crumble. Classes will need to be redone soon or else there will be no difference really, some classes will just win parses by virtue of how the gear/mechanics works. Summoners however are one of the more buggy mage classes.
  6. Astarel New Member

You might think that 8 years of getting their butts kicked by WoW (after once dominating the MMO world) would have taught SoE the value of treating their customers well. But you'd be wrong ...
    Roadrash likes this.