Conjurer: Pet question

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Aree at large, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Aree at large Member

I was looking through forums about various questions over the past few days. This one phrase stuck with me. Doesn't matter how you spec, Airy's damage doesn't match the fiery mage.

Does that mean my gear and stats affect the strength of my summons?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You share stats with your pet.
  3. Aree at large Member

Awesome... but that means only the mage will truely be powerful because that's where my strengths lie as a Conj.
  4. Mohee Active Member

Only casting stats are shared with your pets.

Melee stats are not shared.

So no matter what you do, the Aery pet sucks and is pointless and does even less DPS than the tank pet.

Hooray!
  5. Laiina Well-Known Member

They should probably just make the aery one a cosmetic pet and give up on it.
  6. Mohee Active Member

I would reforge my conjuror to melee stats if they transfered to the pets, and use the Scout pet.

They also need to fix his AI in general. He rarely ever uses any of his abilities. He casts 1 thing about every 5-8 seconds. Meanwhile... the mage pet is constantly spamming all his abilities as they pop up.

Something needs to be done, summoners need options again. Fix the AA pet, fix the scout pet. Fix the limited pets. Content gets harder and harder, and pet HP stays the same because SOE's great idea... Soulburn. Now there's a roadblock that prevents pets from gaining any more HP for the sake of 1 abilities damage... Making them ever squishier as time goes on.

I played Conjuror as a main for over 7 years. I finally switched because of all the broken spells, the useless AA's, and just everything over the years that gets neglected about the class. It's sad to see that the toon that used to be my main, my most well geared character, is now one of my worsts.

Sure, conjuror's can still do great DPS, but I just couldn't stand to look in my spell book anymore, or at my AA window and see all the neglected, broken, bugged stuff that has remained that way for far, far too many years.
  7. Ottesi New Member

ya air pet is solid junk and so are the temp pets really. waste of casting time that you could be nuking the mob. so if you dont spec for soulburn (god know why you wouldnt) can you make the pet less squishy or is that roadblock still there so to speak?
  8. Laiina Well-Known Member

I wish they would just convert all the temp pets to some kind of DOT, they die so easily in mob aoe's that they are totally worthless against any mobs with more than one ^. As far as the Scout pet, it has NEVER been worth messing with, and after 8 years it is time to just get rid of it.
  9. VeilShard Active Member

its the same thing with the necro mage pet vs their scout, I bought the master scout for the heck of it and it was laughable how pathetic it was, I sent it again some trash in obol plains and couldnt even take that on it's own while the mage pet eats through it AND heals itself.. I actually bought the spell hoping one day they fixed them and then as the price went up I wouldn't have to pay a fortune. It's quite sad how many "cool" class defining abilities conjies and necros get, and all the variety in the spell book.. and most of them just stay there collecting dust.
  10. anaugi Member

Is the shared stats with pet 1 for 1? or is this a naked situation? Does it include our stats modified by adorns etc?

If I pop up my stats window for myself, and one for my pet.. none of the stats are the same except for Ability Mod.

If we're sharing them.. we're sharing them non?

An.
  11. Aree at large Member

I think the summons get a base stat array then add part of yours onto it. Dunno the conversion. If I wasn't lazy I would just equip and remove various rings, necklaces and such and take possesion of my pet to see what changes, if any, occured.
  12. Mohee Active Member

should be a 1 to 1 when sharing. At least for all your stats except for melee. Are you also taking into consideration your AA's that increase certain things for the pet and not you? I.E. Casting Speeds, Magic Skills, ect...
  13. AelCad Member

Didn't Conjurers use to have water pets, I forget, but Hydromancer seems new to me. (Was on Star trek Online for a few years)
  14. Filly67 Well-Known Member

They are worthless but yes they exist.
  15. AelCad Member

So they always just had the earth (fighter), fire (mage), and wind (scout) pets only? They should make an actual priest pet, either made of water or ice. Unless they're saving it for Everquest Next.
  16. Jofe Member

The Scout and Fighter pets really need to have shared melee stats.. They currently have many spells that they do not cast. They are broken. Right now they will cast the 3 AA spells that they have and sit there and melee until those AA spells come back up. The scout and fighter will only parse around 2k dps melee, the rest is those 3 aa's. What is needed is for SOE to fix them where they cast all their spells and do decent melee damage.

I possess minion my scout pet and put up some very good numbers when i cast all the spells myself.

As for shared stats,, the main ones are Potency, CB, Mod, Int, Casting, Reuse, Recover, Spell Double

You will notice a difference with the pets CB because it isnt sharing the CB conversion stat from the prestige line Planar Conjurations, and it gets CB from the heroic tree. there are also AA's that increase many other pet stats like potency.

The noticable missing offensive stat is Disruption ,, be sure to get this in the int line to increase the min damage of the pet spells and help with spell resists. Seems to get overlooked as a stat that isnt shared