Conjurer/Beastlord game play questions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by MightyUnclean, Dec 17, 2019.

1. MightyUnclean Member

Hey guys,

I'm considering playing a Conjurer or Beastlord, but I'm seriously concerned about the potential ability bloat. I generally like MMO's that have maybe 8-12 abilities that are used on a regular basis. I've been chatting to some people on Discord. Some people tell me this is achievable with macros. Others tell me that I will have dozens of abilities to manage, even with macros. Which is the case? I'd solo to max level, then hope to group a lot and possibly do some casual raiding.

Thanks!
  2. MightyUnclean Member

Any thoughts? Thanks.
  3. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

All classes have ability bloats.

As far as conj vs bl goes, they both have to cast a lot of fast spells pretty much all the time. Conjurors cant really macro a lot of stuff (other than shadow step, unda, shockwave and dagger) because they have some DoTs that need to run for their entire duration to maximize their output and have various reset chances.

BL has a reactionary rotation that always changes on the fly depending on a weakness and the amount of saveragy they got, but is a class where you can macro pretty much all the normal CAs.

If I had to pick right now between the right now its also hard. Conj lost 50% of their pet dmg with the new pets (despite the fervor buff) and BL abilities currently dont scale. This could obviously all flip next week with the first Luclin patch.

Overall I personally favor the playstyle of BL, but conjuror might be slighty easier to play, where as BL can be extremely punishable due to a single miss click or server lag.
  4. MightyUnclean Member

OK, thanks! Is there any DPS class that can be played largely with macros?
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

Pretty much all of them. BL is the only one with timed extra stuff that I know of.