Confusion - Warlocks are Group DMG?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-tillerman35, Jun 13, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-tillerman35 Guest

I'm a bit confused. My warlock is at level 34 now, and he only has two spells that affect more than one mob:

Poison Cloud (in its current version "Suffocating Cloud")
    Static Discharge (from the Str AA line).

All other spells' targets are "Enemy," not "Enemy Encounter." Where are all the AOE's? Where are all the encounter-dmg spells? I'm confused. Should I have a big sign with "you're doing it wrong!" hovering over my head?

P. S. I'm having better success handling groups (and even multiple groups) with my coercer since he has a lot of encounter-dmg spells, a group mez, and of course the pet.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nubekia Guest

It's a bit confusing but don't look at target but look at the spell description. The following spells: Null Absolution and Putrid Cloud (at level 34) say something like 'Inflicts x number of damage on target encounter'. These are the two spells along with Poison Cloud that will effect multiple targets. Later on you will get additional ones like Apocalypse (very neat) and Rift (also very neat), and two temporary procs Netherous Realm and Abhorrent Gift (you should already have the latter). Warlocks are definitely group damage :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Xeblikaa Guest

Keep in mind that many warlock AOE are 50+, at level 80 I have:
    2 pure aoes(blue)
    3 encounter aoes(green)
    1 aoe debuff(green)
    2 pets that do aoe damage (single target but they do aoe damage to everything)
    1 buff that procs damage on encounter when casting poison?(or was it disease) spells
    and 1 aoe that puts a proc on mobs that does damage when they get hit by a spell.
    oh and 1 blue aoe spell that teleports mobs around you randomly and reduce threat.
    As far as I know, no other class gets so many abilities that effect aoe. So there you have it =)
  4. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

I wouldnt mind having one or two extra blue aoes, or have our green encounter debuff and single debuff removed/replaced. Dark Nebula is seriously lacking....low damage slow reuse and slow casting. Would rather have Cataclysm reuse faster.
  5. ARCHIVED-Fendaria Guest

tillerman35 wrote:
    If you mean just the blue AOE spells which effect any mob around you, there aren't a whole lot of them. Most are encounter based.
    From the eq2 wiki... http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Warlock
    Area Damage
    Area Effect
    Ally Buffs
    Self Buffs
    • AoE Encounter Poison damage on hitting with poison spell (temp, burns power each proc): Abhorrent Gift (32)
    • poison/disease spell hit against enemy near caster causes poison damage (temp, recurrent power cost): Netherous Realm (58)
    Spell names are probably still the old spell names...
    And granted some of these spells aren't very good (Curse of Darkness).

Fendaria