[Concerns] The future of EQ2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarra, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Alarra Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    Let me spin a conspiracy theory for you.
    I see that one of your developers will be leaving at the end of February.
    Also, other developers seem to allude to working on a project in the forums almost giving hints that it is not EQ2.
    There was something about an job advert for an FPS position in Daybreak.
    We have not heard anything of future plans for EQ2 for this year. The Producers letter from December gave no hints of any movement for this year
    Is it viable to say that the developers that will not move to the aforementioned FPS project will be removed and the game will be sunsetted like the others that you have had recently?

Awaiting a red name assurance. Also a Producers letter with some meat to it would be nice.
  2. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Where did you see that?
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

5. Bon Scott New Member

It's Domino...she tweeted on Smedley's page
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

While I have no inside information, she left once before and worked for another company for a while and then came back. I wouldn't read too much into her leaving now.
  7. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Wow.

So much bad, even I am wondering how to reply to that.
  8. Inesk Member

IF she put it on Smedleys page she could be maybe going to work with him. He has been hired by Amazon to start a gaming company.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

She said she felt like it was time to return home to Canada. There are lots of reasons to return to Canada at this point in time, none of which have to do with Daybreak.
    Finora, Siren and Elinea like this.
  10. Adrihaen Member

I might be wrong but I believe there is a piece of video where they are talking about her coming back to help them out with something. Sounded like something that wasn't permanent. Can't remember where I saw it (YouTube?) and now I'm wondering what exactly she worked on that now its apparently finished.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

She pitched in to help with AoM and gave us Raffik. She then continued work on Landmark. With no Landmark, there's nothing to keep her here. Add in border crossing issues that existed before America went on a bender :p and there's little reason to hang around.
    Mermut likes this.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I don't blame her, not one bit. *refusing to comment on the politics of the world of Earth, for I care more about the politics of Norrath as I have more influence there... says a lot, doesn't it?*
    Deveryn, Siren, Spindle and 1 other person like this.
  13. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean? I meant that just because someone leaves a specific job doesn't mean that they won't someday come back or that it is a sign of impending disaster. There are other things that worry me about the game but not that specific thing. Game developers and programmers move around sometimes.

And for the record, I'm sorry to see her go and I love what she did for the game.
    Siren, Febrith and Prissetta like this.
  14. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I think he read it the same way I did :p That she is leaving now, but don't read into it, she will be back! She always comes back! ;) Is a very odd thing to say hehe. But I get ya now.

On that topic though, she wasn't laid off or anything that I seen, just moving on with her life. Her leaving is in no way a sign of dooms day.
    Finora, Siren and Spindle like this.
  15. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Guess to also to reply to that....

Already went over the Domino leaving....

There is an unannounced project that they are hiring completely new positions for. I didn't see anywhere say EQ2 developers were being moved to it, unless you have a source. Plus the new game is possibly an FPS considering they are looking for developers experienced in FPS's, but you mentioned that part.

I am fairly certain the producer said they are already working on a new expansion for this game. But, considering I don't have a link to it, just gotta wait and see what comes about. Check her past forum posts maybe? Unless it was during a live stream.
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/december-2016-eq2-producers-letter.575203/

third line quote: "including a very cool concept for our next expansion that we are running through now."
    Finora, Siren and ShaggyBodom like this.
  17. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

18. Tekka Well-Known Member

Dude, Mizgamer62 and Xakrein like this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

*shudder*
    Prissetta and HaphazardAllure like this.
  20. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Yup, because this company is all about awesome concepts... Like EQNext.

Yeah, I went there.
    babettelabete and Mizgamer62 like this.