Comprehensive TS gear list

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Manveru, Jul 9, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Manveru Guest

Ok, so it's not completely comprehensive, as I'm only including (IMO) the best possible choice for each slot, but here goes. This is the armor and equipment I wear on my 92 crafter when I am tradeskilling. Being a carpenter, the examples I list will occasionally be carpenter/craftsman-specific, but there is a equal-stat alternative for each tradeskill class, and I will include how to acquire the items. I don't have screenshots of the examine windows, but I will include the stats in this post.

Head: Craftsman's Cranial Capacitor (Tinkerer-made, alternatives exist for Outfitters and Scholars)
    +5 to three crafting skills.
    Increases success chance by 5%
    Shoulders: Shoulderpads of the Far Seas Traders (Bought with Far Seas tokens in Mara)
    +1 to all crafting skills.
    Chestpiece: Othmir Shell Armor (Great Divide Tradeskill quest reward)
    +5 to all crafting skills.
    Bracers: Bracers of the Far Seas Traders (Bought with Far Seas tokens in Mara)
    Gloves: Gloves of the Far Seas Traders (Bought with Far Seas tokens in Mara)
    Legs: Leggings of the Far Seas Traders (Bought with Far Seas tokens in Mara)
    Boots: Boots of the Far Seas Traders (Bought with Far Seas tokens in Mara)
    Cloak: Craftsman's Cloak of the Far Seas (Bought with Far Seas tokens in Mara)
    +15 to three crafting skills.
    Charm: Woodelf Eye for the Troll Guy (Tinkerer-made, alternatives exist for each tradeskill class)
    Increases success chance by 5%.
    Charm: Nurwin's Sculpting Stylus (Reward from Isle of Mara crafting quest)
    +10 to your crafting skill.
    Increases success chance by 1.1%.
    Ear: Crafter's Earring (Mara mission drop)
    Increases durability by 9% when used with the belt listed below.
    Ear: Earring of the Solstice (Reward from Artisan Epic quest)
    +20 to all crafting skills.
    Increases critical success chance by 1%.
    Increases success chance by 1%.
    Neck: Blessed Prayer Shawk (Reward from What Dreams May Come HQ)
    +25 to all crafting skills.
    Increases critical success chance by 5%.
    5 Tradeskill XP Gain.
    1% chance to cast Blessing of Brell (No components are consumed for this combine.)
    Ring: Sculptor's Signet Ring (Bought with Far Seas tokens in Mara, alternatives exist for each tradeskill class)
    +5 to your crafting skill.
    Ring: Sculptor's Band (Mara mission drop, alternatives exist for each tradeskill class)
    Wrist: Sculptor's Bangle (Bought with Far Seas tokens in Mara, alternatives exist for each tradeskill class)
    Wrist: Sculptor's Armlet (Mara mission drop, alternatives exist for each tradeskill class)
    Belt: Crafter's Toolbelt (Bought with Far Seas tokens in Mara)
    Increases durability by 9% when used with the earring listed above.
    Weapon: Deadly Mixing Spoon / Weighty Rolling Pin (Mara mission drop)
    Increases success chance by 10%.
    3 Tradeskill XP Gain.

And now for the total benefits from using all of these.
    +105 to your crafting skill.
    +75 to two crafting skills.
    +55 to all crafting skills.
    Increases progress by 5%.
    Increases success chance by 22.1%.
    Increases durability by 9%.
    Increases critical success chance by 6%.
    8 Tradeskill XP Gain.

I hope this helps some people out there. I compiled this list a couple months ago to make gearing out my alts a bit easier, so I figured I'd post it in case anyone else is interested. Also, if anyone wants me to do a similar post for harvesting gear, I'll do that too.
    And if you have any improvements or suggestions for this list, don't hesitate to let me know.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gealaen_Gaiamancer Guest

Nicely done. It was fun to go down the list and mentally check off which items (or their counterparts) I have in my characters bags.

It might be worth pointing out, for the tradeskill masocists who haven't already learned, that the TS instance reward items that add to your non-native crafting skills can be equipped to make solo/understrength grouping of the TS instances go more quickly. I haven't done a TS instance in a while, but I do have a bag of items to put on to increase my non-Tailoring skills when I soloed them before.

And here's a TL;DR version for folks who occasionally tradeskill and want the bare essentials: wear your Earring of the Solstice (turn on the buff, too), your class charm item from Mara, and the Coldain Prayer Shawl. Not quite as ... thorough ... as Manveru's set up, there, but it'll make tradeskill runs a lot faster. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Let's get comprehensive. A number of the items shown below can occasionally be purchased on the broker.

ARTISAN -- Artisan items may be used by any tradeskill class
    • Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl -- reward from the quest "What Dreams May Come", req. level 90 tradeskill (+25 Adorning/Artificing/Artistry/Chemistry/Fletching/Metalworking/Scribing/Sculpting/Tailoring/Tinkering, +5 Tradeskill XP Gain, applies Blessing of Brell when equipped, giving a rare chance to prevent the crafter from consuming items while tradeskilling, gives a second harvest on 27.0% of harvests, and increases critical success chance by 5.0% )
  4. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

CRAFTSMAN
    • Craftsman's Cranial Capacitor -- Tinkerer-crafted using a 420 skill recipe from Master's Blueprints 0.011 (+5 Artistry/Fletching/Sculpting, +5% success chance)

Carpenter

Provisioner

Woodworker
  5. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

OUTFITTER
    • Outfitter's Cranial Capacitor -- Tinkerer-crafted using a 415 skill recipe from Master's Blueprints 0.009 (+5 Metalshaping/Metalworking/Tailoring, +5% success chance)

Armorer

Tailor
    • Tailor's Insight (Set) -- requires 20,000+ faction with Far Seas Supply Division, any artisan may equip (set bonus gives +3% tradeskill XP gain)
      • Tailor's Bangle (+5 Tailoring)
      • Tailor's Signet Ring (+5 Tailoring)
      • Tailor's Torque (+5 Tailoring)

Weaponsmith

6. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

SCHOLAR
    • Scholar's Cranial Capacitor -- Tinkerer-crafted using a 410 skill recipe from Master's Blueprints 0.010 (+5 Artificing/Chemistry/Scribing, +5% success chance)

Alchemist

Sage
    • Augren's Auspicious Inkwell -- reward from the quest "The Legendary Paper", req. level 50+ alchemist (+10 Scribing, +1.1% success chance)

Jeweler
  7. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

ALTERNATE TRADESKILLS

Tinkering
    • Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl -- reward from the quest "What Dreams May Come", req. level 90 tradeskill (+25 Adorning/Artificing/Artistry/Chemistry/Fletching/Metalworking/Scribing/Sculpting/Tailoring/Tinkering, +5 Tradeskill XP Gain, applies Blessing of Brell when equipped, giving a rare chance to prevent the crafter from consuming items while tradeskilling, gives a second harvest on 27.0% of harvests, and increases critical success chance by 5.0% )

Transmuting
    • Appaloosa Pack Horse -- requires 20,000+ faction with Far Seas Supply Division (+14.3 Fishing/Trapping/Mining/Foresting/Gathering/Transmuting)
    • Hillrunner Pack Horse -- requires 30,000+ faction with Far Seas Supply Division (+23.8 harvesting, +23.8 transmuting)
    • Pack Unicorn -- requires 40,000+ faction with Far Seas Supply Division (+47.5 harvesting, +47.5 transmuting)
    • Palomino Pack Horse -- requires 30,000+ faction with Far Seas Supply Division (+23.8 harvesting, +23.8 transmuting)

Adorning
  8. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

HARVESTING
    • Appaloosa Pack Horse -- requires 20,000+ faction with Far Seas Supply Division (+14.3 Fishing/Trapping/Mining/Foresting/Gathering/Transmuting)
    • Ash Harvesting Kit -- converted automatically at GU60 from Ash Fishing Pole, Ash Pick, Ash Saw, Ash Shovel, or Ash Trap, req. level 20 adventure or tradeskill (harvest 0.1 second faster, second harvest on 2.0% of harvests)

• Briarwood Harvesting Kit -- converted automatically at GU60 from Briarwood Fishing Pole, Briarwood Pick, Briarwood Saw, Briarwood Shovel, Briarwood Trap, req. level 30 adventure or tradeskill (harvest 0.2 second faster, second harvest on 4.0% of harvests)
    • Compact Ash Harvesting Kit -- Woodworker-crafted using a level 27 recipe from Woodworker Essentials Volume 27, req. level 20 adventure or tradeskill (harvest 0.1 second faster, second harvest on 2.0% of harvests)
    • Compact Briarwood Harvesting Kit -- Woodworker-crafted using a level 37 recipe from Woodworker Essentials Volume 37, req. level 30 adventure or tradeskill (harvest 0.2 second faster, second harvest on 4.0% of harvests)
    • Compact Redwood Harvesting Kit -- Woodworker-crafted using a level 77 recipe from Woodworker Essentials Volume 77, req. level 70 adventure or tradeskill (harvest 0.5 second faster, second harvest on 10.0% of harvests)
    • Compact Sandalwood Harvesting Kit -- Woodworker-crafted using a level 57 recipe from Woodworker Essentials Volume 57, req. level 50 adventure or tradeskill (harvest 0.4 second faster, second harvest on 8.0% of harvests)
    • Hillrunner Pack Horse -- requires 30,000+ faction with Far Seas Supply Division (+23.8 harvesting, +23.8 transmuting)
    • Pack Unicorn -- requires 40,000+ faction with Far Seas Supply Division (+47.5 harvesting, +47.5 transmuting)
    • Palomino Pack Horse -- requires 30,000+ faction with Far Seas Supply Division (+23.8 harvesting, +23.8 transmuting)
    • Redwood Harvesting Kit -- converted automatically at GU60 from Redwood Fishing Pole, Redwood Pick, Redwood Saw, Redwood Shovel, Redwood Trap, req. level 70 adventure or tradeskill (harvest 0.5 second faster, second harvest on 10.0% of harvests)
    • Sandalwood Harvesting Kit -- converted automatically at GU60 from Sandalwood Fishing Pole, Sandalwood Pick, Sandalwood Saw, Sandalwood Shovel, Sandalwood Trap, req. level 50 adventure or tradeskill (harvest 0.4 second faster, second harvest on 8.0% of harvests)

Fishing
    • Collapsible Fishing Pole -- Tinkerer-crafted using a 395 skill recipe from Blueprint: Collapsible Fishing Pole, req. adventure level 80 (reduces harvest time for fishing by 2.5 seconds, harvests Magma rock fish in Skyfire Mountains)
  9. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

TINKERED CHARMS

Alchemist:
    Armorer:
    Carpenter:
    Jeweler:
    Provisioner:
    Sage:
    Tailor:
    Weaponsmith:
    Woodworker:
  10. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Manveru Guest

Wow. And here I thought what I posted was in-depth. Very well done. (You even included the mounts that provide harvesting bonuses!)
    I did notice a few omitted items in your comprehensive listing (which, with this many items involved, is to be expected). You forgot the Compact Sumac Harvesting Kit (reduces harvest time by .5 seconds, and grants a 10% bountiful harvest chance), the Shroud of Hidden Harvests (1% bountiful harvest chance: not that great, but if we're being comprehensive here...), and the Cloak of the Master _______ (received after the artisan epic; increases success chance by 1.4%).
    I think we've covered everything. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

Swapping the charm slot items in and out will make no change in my displayed +success mod. Other items that are +success in other slots will.
    I suspect charms do nothing atm.
    It should also be noted that +skill mods for your TS do absolutely nothing for the bulk of TS quests in game, as they use the alternate "hidden" skills, geomancy, etc. If you are Quest crafting stacking your prof skill is a waste of time in almost all cases.
    Also note that the Nek Castle "a sewing needle" lost its +tailoring stat long ago in one of our wonderful itemization redos.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Lasai wrote:
    The charms work perfectly, you don't need to equip them. They work from your inventory bags once attuned.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

Ok I just checked, the Measure Twicer does appear to work from inventory. Nurwins Knife has to be equipped but.. the Master Woodworkers cloak will cancel it, which is why I was seeing no effect switching it in and out. If I remove Master cloak, then equip Nurwins Knife "mara reward"will effect + success.
    So on my chars at least, it looks like the Master Cloak or Mara reward, not both. guess that explains me seeing no change in displayed + success numbers. Thanks.