Completing a PG in 3 to 5 minutes?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Anatha, May 12, 2017.

1. Anatha Active Member

How the heck are groups finishing PGs in 3 to 5 minutes? I don't understand. Is there an exploit? It seems impossible!
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

3. Lowratio Member

The best thing is, a bg requires a tank, it cannot be done without. If you queue up solo, you get a group with no tank, or sometimes no healer. After you try a little bit and fail, you leave the bg. Then you are considered as leaving early so you cannot enter a bg again. But then to play the game you are now required to do this ****, and they are suddenly trying to fix the broken group issue. The same issue these have had since they were first implemented ingame.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Pre-made groups and PUG groups that are willing to stay together for more than one run through. That's the start. Of course, there are some classes/spells that are performing above what they should be (I believe Tuesday is the fix for that).

5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

are you sure about that? :D
  6. Vunder Well-Known Member

Yes, it does now.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Wow that sucks if scouts can't tank through anymore in under 5 minutes runs :( Lol wonder what else was fixed nerfed
  8. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Check out the patch notes. Tank is required - also there is massive bleedthrough now if the group pulls too many mobs at once. PG are still not working so no one can confirm, but Kander had mentioned ascension abilities getting tuned (so no more Glacial Freeze and win), so that may be adjusted as well.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I glad no one mention something else that was a good killer in PG :D if that not been nerfed I am still I great shape for grind :D
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

Not true. I tanked one on my beastlord. We had 3 BLs, a mystic, a templar and a dirge. Took about 20 minutes.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. Vunder Well-Known Member

Dev's have said they intend that PG's should take a group between 45m-1hour.

With these new changes I can see that.
  12. Azian Well-Known Member

Patch notes today....note the bottom couple lines of this section:

PROVING GROUNDS
    • Increased most heals in Proving Grounds.
    • Each member of the winning team will now receive their bonus tokens after completing the final objective.
    • The final zone bosses are now immune to Verdict. Mayong smiles.
    • Trash encounters and some boss adds will now apply a group-wide negative damage reduction debuff. This debuff stacks and cannot be cured.
    • Trash encounters will now set their Bleedthrough percentage to 100 if your group is attacking more than 6 at a time, but will drop back to 75% when fighting 6 or less. Bosses will remain at 75% Bleedthroughout. (That's "Bleedthrough throughout" for the lazy.)
    • All bosses will have an ability that will either outright kill a group member if that group does not have a fighter, or aggro a group member with the fewest hitpoints if that group does not have a fighter.
    • Bring a fighter.
    That would be horrible. It would take an eternity to get the gear with how high the currency requirements are for the upgraded runes. My best time is 6:19 (I think) with an average of maybe 9-10 mins. We've never purchased the temps to try to push it further. We've missed a guard causing backtracking a few times on the 3rd namer and also had Mayong bug out several times requiring suicide (drowning is what we chose) and reset which factors into those times. Looking at the changes listed, there will definitely be an increase in the time but good heavens I hope it's not 45 to an hour.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

Past tense exists. TANKed. TankED. He posted that saturday, before the patch notes were announced.
  14. Azian Well-Known Member

Sure, but I wasn't responding to him. I was responding to your post saying that requiring a tank was "not true" that you posted just this afternoon. Those patch notes were out yesterday so as of the time that you typed your response, it was demonstrably wrong. Regardless of whether it would have been true on Saturday or not your post was not given on Saturday. I tanked a bit on my troub too but won't be doing so any longer in the present tense when I, like you, am writing these messages. I'm surprised you felt strongly enough about to give a snippy answer to be honest.
  15. Melt Actually plays the game

I said I had tanked some on my beastlord. You passive aggressively said I couldn't have. You responded to something that shouldn't even matter. On saturday, he said you needed a tank. And I said that on Saturday, you didn't need a tank. In all honesty, with good on point healers and powerful enough peel dps you STILL may not need a tank.
  16. Azian Well-Known Member

Lol, this is amusing. I think you need to re-read what I posted and show me exactly where I passive aggressively said you couldn't have done so in the past. I'll actually help you out, it's not there. You have this all backwards. YOU are who responded to something that shouldn't even matter because what you posted, at the time you posted it, was wrong. When I pointed that out, you became embarrassingly defensive about it.

You might end up being right about not actually needing a tank still going forward with really solid heals. By those patch notes though, it is abundantly clear that their intent is for groups to have fighters.
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

button line
    I did yesterday 1 test run PG with PUG :)
    First of all - top dogs still running at 4min3second timer
    Second - while Glass Freeze been fixed nerfed some skills still do decent damage
    With rather not optimal team (Pal-Defiler-Wizard-BL-Swash-Conjuror) we made it around 11 minutes (and btw won the match)
    Bad thing - pre-made group a MUST but if god forbid anyone goes LD upon zoning you screwed :) - have to zone out to lobby, log out, log back (well whole 9 yards you know)
    Not sure how bad nowadays overpulling but looks like fighting pack of brownie with couple guards aren't causing much trouble just slow down group a bit
    Lastly - yes it looks like we been getting extra currency for win