Completely new to the game, but not to MMOs

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Rizzo, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Rizzo Member

Hey guys! This game looks SUPER kickass. The files are actually currently "Checking" right now so I should be in game in no time! :)

I'm looking to play in groups and stuff but alszo be able to hold my own in solo, what classes should I look at? I've been thinking about Warlock/Monk/Wizard, Ratonga, and will be playing free-to-play probably.

What server should I join? Any guild reccomendations? Anything different about this MMO I should note? (I've played SWG, ESO, LOTRO, SWTOR, Anarchy Online, WoW, Matrix Online, and probably others.)
  2. Wilowsong Active Member

Welcome to the game!
    I play illusionist and I think this class will help you solo. If you choose illusionist, you will be able to cast a pet that will assist you in battles. I play on Skyfire, I would be happy to play with you! I'm not in a guild, so I can't recommend any...I know guilds recruit all the time, so keep an eye on the chat and forums.I hope you have fun with this game!
    Hope to see you in game,
    Wilowsong.
    Rizzo likes this.
  3. guard Active Member

all 3 that you have picked can solo with ease and a lot faster than a illusionist
    for your first ever charter I would not go monk as it is classed as a tank and tanks are expected to know the zones and lead in groups as your other 2 choice's are dps are more follow the tank then just hit the mobs and kill them while the tank holds agro

as for server depends on your play times if you are euro play times I would go with thurigden if not there is ab or skyfire I would properly go ab
    Rizzo likes this.
  4. guard Active Member

I should add with this game there is not a lot of grouping at low levels so you will be doing a lot of it solo till max level which is 110 at the moment but there is a new expac coming out next month so I would just take my time there are lots of quests to do and a lot of the heroic dungeons can be solo'd at low levels so enjoy your self and get to learn your class. once in game if you do get stuck on anything just ask in caht and usually someone will have the answer to help you or point you in the right direction other than that I would find a guild that takes all players as it will help with travel and again most guilds will help new players and point them in the right direction
    Rizzo likes this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

What did you end up making and which server
  6. Rizzo Member

I joined Skyfire and made a sky blue Iksar Monk!!! :)

I know, I'm surprised too.
    Momo and Soara2 like this.
  7. Rizzo Member

I'm on your server buddy! Add me my name is Alfy! Hope to see you in game. :)
    Wilowsong and Soara2 like this.
  8. Rizzo Member

Thanks for all the info man, I found both posts super helpful. :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Expect mail, Alfy !
    Rizzo likes this.
  10. Rizzo Member

Aww hahaha you don't have to do that! What's your ingame name? Let's play! XD
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Rizzo Member

I saw your welcome tell last night but wouldn't let me respond, by the way. :,(

By the way guys I have limited playtime during the week because of school but on Fridays and weekends I have a lot of time! On weekdays, expect me to get on around 7-8:30 UTC, and weekends is pretty random XD.
    Soara2 and Wilowsong like this.
  12. Wilowsong Active Member

Type /tell Wilowsong to send me a tell! (Private message.)
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Rizzo Member

Will do, sorry about that! :)

See you in game pal
    Soara2 and Wilowsong like this.
  14. Wilowsong Active Member

It's okay, it took me awhile to get the hang of things when I was new! :)
    See you in game,
    Wilowsong.
    Rizzo and Soara2 like this.
  15. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I sent the mail from Kandace, my tailor/warden. I have a lot of characters. Best to /who all Ghostdragons to find me
    Rizzo likes this.
  16. Rizzo Member

Hey I got your mail last night, and seriously thank you so much that was very generous of you, all super helpful stuff. :)

And I'll search you up tonight!!!

At level 11 in Darklight Forest currently. :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Rizzo Member

Hahaha yeah dude I'll see you there!!! Hit me up in Darklight Forest tonight! :)
  18. Wilowsong Active Member

I don't think I'll be able to make it tonight...Sorry!
    Wilowsong
  19. Rizzo Member

You down to play again tonight?
  20. Wilowsong Active Member

Yes, I had fun last night! :D