Community Update Regarding Server Issues

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mooncast, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaril New Member

Least not getting the error, took a few attempts but got in
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Eliana New Member

Halls of Fate server: Can't log in, I am getting the "incorrect name/password" error and end up in a login loop that doesn't log me into the server.
  3. Theabelle New Member

Okay. Don't have to put password in each time now but it is very slow in zoning
  4. Osqor New Member

It's simply polite to not say anything at all if you can't say anything nice. That's all I was trying to say
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, tried getting into Thurgadin from my US base, and yeah, it's a little sluggish, but I figure it's all the data packets going through the Transatlantic Cable or whatever, so that's not a concern. ;->

Had no problem! :)

And just remember, folks: it's SATURDAY. Nothing will get fixed today (probably). :-/

Uwk
  6. Cromwind New Member

Langsam muß es wohl mal ne entschädigung geben bei den unzulänglichen wartungs und patcharbeiten !
    Ist hier überhaupt noch suport ?
  7. cosycaster New Member

still cant get on, when others can
  8. Lumiseries New Member

No access to EQ2? What problems with login server. it try only server 1. Then it stop and is busy.
  9. Ummmyeh Active Member

I have had no issues at all getting in but I see that a few others have.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

I went to twitter where they have an account they tweet from. this is hte twitter message they put out
  11. Malombra Member

Login rejected: Invalid username or password
    :/
  12. Malombra Member

And then:Could not connect to a login server. The servers may be busy; please try again in a few minutes.

Thurgadin. Saturday evening :((((
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Don't tell me, let me guess... "Trying login server #1"? Yeah, there are DOZENS of threads on that, and more than a few earlier posts here in this thread. When in doubt, do a forum Search on that topic... ;->

Basically, the way I do an end-run on that stupid thing is if I'd just hit the big green PLAY button to get in, rather than choosing a specific character to come in on from the LaunchPad screen, and I get that "error message," I'll quit out and login again, and this time choose a specific character. Or vice versa. ;->

If that STILL doesn't work (and I hope to the gods they finally FIX that stupidity this time, after kicking us out just now), I'll play a round or two of Solitaire and try again. But the login servers aren't busy, that's a false reading. They haven't been "too busy" since the Pro7 deal. :-/

Uwk
    That guy. likes this.
  14. Rekked New Member

Nice to see the Thurgadin server down for large majority of the day today, and then for DBG to not even get the fix right when they bring the servers down for a "fix".
    Smart way to trash prime time gameplay
  15. Burgrat New Member

Feels like this happens quite often now, im not sure i can support dbg that fails this much, i wanna see eq2 live but this is a joke.
  16. Laaw Well-Known Member

zoning is taking forever again...
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Zoning where? Which server? Is Thurgadin back up again? :)

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sat. Ur. Day. Be glad there's anyone available at all to come in and try to work on it. :-/

Uwk
  19. Charmaine Active Member

Polite or not, is not my concern. I care not for peoples "feelings". I pay for a service, I expect that service to be rendered. If I was a F2P person, I wouldn't have bothered posting at all.
    Uncle likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Y'know, back in the day, there was a superhero MMORPG that was fairly decent (best character creation system ever!), called "City of Heroes." There was like the usual 4 roles/many classes, pretty much (Tank, Ranged DPS [Blaster], Melee DPS [Scrapper], "Healer" [Support]), and a 5th one, in a "not-really-classified role" called Controller (again, many classes), which you could use to replicate characters like Storm or Quake. Well! The player base was, ah, "concerned" that the non-Tank/DPS classes were too "wussy" to be able to solo (which is stupid, imho, because you can solo with anything, if you're careful). In its non-infinite wisdom, NCSoft decided that rather than give the "wussy" roles better/new powers and abilities, they NERFED the effective classes, which was a source of anger and disappointment to everyone, pretty much. Things like that eventually led to NCSoft going belly-up, probably (not that they allowed the original game creators to have their game back; "If we can't make any money off it, NO one can. Nyahh."). :-/

Why all this? Well, for the first time in several years, the dreaded "Trying login server #1" thing finally came back to the US-based servers again. I'm impressed! Rather than killing off the stupid bug on the Test/non-US based servers, the US-based ones got nerfed down to their level! I didn't think the newest installment, which hasn't even been released yet, would be so popular as to crash even OUR login servers! :)

(BTW, been staring at that particular screen for 15-20 minutes; nothing, not even going to the next screen in sequence ["We're too busy right now. Scram."])

Uwk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.