Community Resource Council Launching Soon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Mar 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xulEnix New Member

Why is Discord Name and # a REQUIRED field?? I don't do Discord and am not about to get yet another 3rd party account just in order to apply. Maybe you could have stated that if you don't have Discord, don't bother to apply. Unless my eyes are really bad and I missed that legal disclaimer somewhere in the FAQ.
    Best of luck to those who get in though, and I hope there will be some benefit from the council. :)

PS. I see it says "New Member" on the left under the icon, but i've been playing this game since beta!!
    Ayodi and Baphmistra like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

The new member refers to the Forum.
    Breanna and Aelissa like this.
  3. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Um. You have active and inactive players already discussing issues and giving feedback right here on this forum and it is ignored. I do not see great hope in just providing another reason to take time from work that the Devs could be doing to discuss ideas and issues that are already being discussed here. I hope, for the sake of the game, this goes well but I won't be holding my breath. I believe, since they are requiring you to fill out an application, that much of the CC will be cherry picked from the already existing Discord and raid community and the solo players will once again not have much input.
    draidean, Ayodi and Breanna like this.
  4. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Exactly right. I think this council is a ruse to keep people paying and playing hoping that finally they will listen to what the problems are and fix them. Every kind of issue is here on this forum all the time and mostly ignored.
  5. Exilya Active Member

The people who should be in this council are the ones who have already been banned multiple times because they voice their opinion. Not gonna happen.
    Could simply be part of their end of financial year shenanigans.
    They don't comment on issues, what makes you think your imput will matter?
    draidean and Ayodi like this.
  6. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

My interactions with devs (Chrol, Gninja, DenMother ) have been positive - I think it is all how the problem is presented, data given and suggestions made. I mean Caith actually replied to me in mail on the forums due a bug I had found at some point (and put a fix in que for it) - granted it was just 1 time :)

I understand that some of the suggestions (or improvements desired) are easy to do and others are not due to the constraints of existing programming and systems. And other things that need help are Capital Projects (money/people needed for things like the 64 bit client) - these take a much longer time frame to accomplish.

Other issues are I think sometimes the right hand not talking to the left hand - that used to happen sometimes at various companies I worked in the past. Thinking issues with itemization and resolve progression.
    Aelissa likes this.
  7. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I am glad your interactions with the Devs has been positive. That has not been the case with everyone. I am not even sure why or how they have time to interact with players as much as they do with all the problems that have not been fixed. I guess magic? We are supporting financially a game that is broken and we have to log out and back in to make stuff work again and they are chatting? Excuse me if I find that totally wrong. Fix the problems then chat.

And again, thank you Mum. You have lifted tradeskilling back up where it can be used to benefit the players. Not just suck off materials. WE all appreciate what you do and have been doing for years. We also sincerely appreciate your responding to our concerns whenever you have a minute to do so ON THE FORUMS WHERE EVERYONE CAN READ THEM, since we know you are busy. /salute
    Ayodi likes this.
  8. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Well (I say this with a limited understanding) - as I see their are 3 kinds of developer in EQ2 - Content, Mechanics and Systems.

I am generally dealing with the content developers (Chrol - heroics, Gninja - Raids, DenMother - Trasdeskill, Kaitsteel - Events, and I would put Kander and Ttobey into this group.

Mechanics - which to me are things like class balance, itemization, CAs, spells - I think that is Caith, Mint and others - but as I said not much interaction with them.

And then Systems - not sure I have ever interacted with them - are things like Voice Chat, Payment Systems, 64 bit client etc.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ttobey is animation. Add "Art Team" to your dev groups.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

We break it down Art, Code, Design, QA
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

You need a T-shirt with a big S on it for superstar artist/animator. That said, are you saying those 4 categories describe how "Art" is broken down or you indicating those 4 categories describe the major categories for all devs? If the latter, I'd really love to see an illustration of the organization chart and where everyone fits into those categories. It would be very helpful to know how to/who to direct problems. It would be helpful too to see what subcategories fit where. I don't necessarily need names, but it could be useful.
    Thanks for all you do, Ttobey!
    AOE1, Ayodi and Breanna like this.
  13. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The dark, cobweb filled corner of the office nobody goes in?
    AOE1, Zenji, Kodamungus and 3 others like this.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Just the major categories. They all really fall under me.
    Breanna, Siren and Taled like this.
  15. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Bah Ttobey - you are part of "content" we see :)
  16. Baphmistra Active Member

Sometimes I get a glimpse of the disaster to come, and I think I just saw it, the upcoming switch to 64 bit servers. If that is the sole reason we're being drawn into a council then I think I'm wiser to stick to replying on pages like this one. I already know I'm not even close to meeting minimum requirements for some new system. It's been a while since I could afford a new PC, RL blows, and so does my current job situation. Sadly I'm not close enough to Seattle, WA to apply for work with Darkpaw. So in all likely hood once this merger happens I'm probably going to be kicked out of the game altogether. It was fun while it lasted, some time raise a glass to me and this ancient PC.:(
    Ayodi likes this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Darkpaw is based in San Diego.
    Ayodi and Breanna like this.
  18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

One Animator to rule them all and in the darkness, bind them.
    Toven, Baphmistra, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  19. Accendo Guest

Discord is where most of the interaction with designers will take place.
    Toven and Sigrdrifa like this.
  20. Baphmistra Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.