Community Resource Council Launching Soon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Mar 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accendo Guest

Since EverQuest has a Community Resource Council, we felt it was time that EverQuest II had one as well. Applications to join the EQII CRC will open on March 18, 2022 with a notice posted here on the forums and on Discord. The window to apply will last two weeks and close on April 1, 2022.

What is the Community Resource Council?

You can find the Mission Statement here, and you can find the F.A.Q. here.

The application form is now live: http://daybreakgames.votigo.com/fbsignupforms/sweeps/EverQuestIICommunityResourceCoucilApplication
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm guessing the application will be linked on 3/18?
  3. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Yea i think thats what "posted here on the forums and in discord" means.
    Siren likes this.
  4. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Will people who are in Raid Council also be allowed in the Community Resource Council?
  5. Ronoc Member

For those who don't know, what is this council supposed to do?
  6. PoesyP New Member

It's linked in the OP at the bottom.
  7. Agapiti New Member

Look up. Accendo posted the "Mission Statement" with the original post. Explains pretty clearly what the council is supposed to do. ;)
  8. Accendo Guest

Yes, absolutely.
    Manafizzle, Breanna and Zhevally like this.
  9. Accendo Guest

For clarification, if you were previously a member of some form of a CRC for EQII in the past, you will need to reapply once the new application process is opened on March 18. Feel free to note down anywhere in the app that you were a previous member.

Think of this as a fresh, new start to the CRC program for EQII.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Pharone Active Member

Closes on April Fools Day eh... lol
    Pixistik and Uguv like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hmm interesting, I think you should apply Sigrdrifa, you have been always helpful, and you have a good knowledge of what people like and what is possible.
    Miauler and Breanna like this.
  12. Riverbear Active Member

Capital Idea. - what does that even mean?-
    What a productive and helpful arena to address topics of interest in the game.
    And I do mean "Arena"' :)
    Ayodi likes this.
  13. Miauler Active Member

I'm liking that idea. If there's one good thing, it's the clear discussion of information on a rational basis; at the end of the day, information can be taken up or ignored, but as long as a signal has been escalated to the right place and the right minds have had the chance to ponder it and work out the optimum (or at least the best implementable) path, then there's clear benefit to everyone.
    Tanz Sixfingers likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I probably will. I have been a member of the EQ2 Community Council before.
  15. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Well, I guess that knocks you out then Priority ? ;)

I will give a shot when the apps open.
    Ayodi and Jam175 like this.
  16. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

This could be a good thing on one condition.

The two Devs on Discord with fragile egos who ban anyone with constructive criticism should not be involved in any way whatsoever.

Give us some competent, mature devs like Gninja and ttobey and this could really help the game.
    draidean, Denebi, Zenji and 5 others like this.
  17. Vichane Well-Known Member

I sort of want to know which devs are those?
  18. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

They have to be involved, they're the ones who call the shots. Otherwise it's a completely pointless exercise.

A round table of adoring house decorators and casual players with rose tinted glasses is what I'm expecting. And it's absolutely not what this game needs right now. The lead devs here have never been receptive to criticism, but when you're a leader, being able to accept and even welcome criticism, process it like an adult and act on it as necessary, that's kinda a nailed-on vital quality. The lack of that in the EQ2 team leadership is a good part of why the game is in the mess it is right now.
    draidean, AOE1, Denebi and 8 others like this.
  19. Leibnitz Member

Will the council be active in time to provide feedback on the launch configuration of Varsoon? It really should be.
  20. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

100% SPOT ON imho
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.