command to cancel spell effects?

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Shanak85, Oct 10, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Shanak85 Guest

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I was wondering if there is a / command to cancel effects that pop up on the spell effects window but not maintained window, like some potions or illusions. Obviously /cancel_maintained does not work, and I tried /cancel_effect and that didn't seem to work either.
  2. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

Other than right clicking the icon and selecting cancel on buffs you can actually do this on, I am pretty sure there isn't any way of doing this. This is one of those things that would have helped certain classes since the beginning of the game.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

for illusions yoiu usually can just click the item that gave you the illusion and it turns it off. there's also the 'hide my illusion' checkbox you can turn on it hide them if you'd like.
    as to potions effects..most of those I don't think you can 'turn off' potions work kinda like uncurable dots. you click the potion, and it does it's thing.
    unless it's an illusion, which you can turn off your illusions or find it in your buff window. usually they are fairly obvious...they'll have a odd colored background or a unique image. (like the guide item that gives you a dragonling illusion is a red heart on a yellow background)
  4. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

There is a way to get cancel_maintained to work, but I believe it requires abilityID.
  5. ARCHIVED-Shanak85 Guest

Unfortunately the item I am talking about casts a random illusion and can only be canceled, as far as I know, by right clicking the icon in spell effects. Very annoying to have on a random illusion. Have to find it and right click cancel before you can cast it again to get a different illusion, and the item will not cancel the illusion just by trying to use it again like most illusion baubles. Being in a group or raid and trying to find the icon is even more of a pain, and can even be pushed off the window sometimes.