Coming back. Need advice. Troub still viable?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Vindane, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Vindane New Member

I'm needing my MMO fix and trying to gauge which toon to dust off. I'm leaning heavily toward my Troub but how needed are they right now? He's 100 with all of his AA up to what the max was in ToT. My main focus would be grouping and maybe even some casual once a week raiding down the road. The current stat inflation looks daunting to get a handle on.

I also have a 100 Wizard, Necro, Coercer, and Inquis.

Thanks for any advice!
  2. Magmag Active Member

Wizard, coercer, and inquis are arguably the worst 3 classes in the game right now lol. Troubs are still good and necros are in a decent spot.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with a troub in the game. That said, you'll face some hurdles getting him/her up to speed to current standards. Ascensions are big and you're going to have to brace yourself for work to get them up there. Even so, it's a lot easier to raise ascension spells this xpac then last. Secondly, if you don't have your epic 2.0, that's ok, as the sig line for Chaos Descending will grant you the spells for the weapon upon completion. You want to group, you'll have some real time work to get your toon up to speed.
  4. Laaw Well-Known Member

I still enjoy my troub after all these years just try to keep your gear and spells as you lvl/ also a merc will really help
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

For your ascensions, be sure to check your /claim. There may be some potions that set an ascension class to a specific level (so don't use a potion to set one to 5 and then use one to set the same class to 10 or 15, because that is a waste).

As for "bad place for a class", I think coercer is in a pretty good place this expansion. They certainly feed power better than illys.