Coming back after 2 years...

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Ghadlin, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Ghadlin Guest

Okay, so I have a lvl 50 Swashy that I made two years ago and it was pretty sweet. I was able to avoid a lot of damage, run fast as hell, and put out a lot of damage. Now I can put out a decent amount of damage, but every new person seems to outdo my damage avoidance and run speed. Not only that, I hear that Sony is giving away 1yr veteran status? Should I be worried that noobs will be making Jedis soon or am I just being paranoid?
    Basically I'm not trying to whine, but just curious about the changes that have been made. How should I be playing my swashy these days? I am probably just due for an upgrade or completely missing something.
    Thanks. ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

A lot of our damage potential depends on gear. If your character is 2 years out of date chances are you are in need of some major upgrades for gear. Keep in mind that a lot of the "new" characters you see are probably alts so they most likely have cash reserves from their high level mains which gives them an edge on gear. As for avoiding damage, you should be spending the majority of your time behind a mob when grouped and not taking any damage at all. When soloing it comes down to your gear.
    As for run speed, we were never that fast (just normal scout 16% pathfinding). If you want to move faster a mount is your best option.
  3. ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird Guest

and again on the speed thing, most classes have a 5% Racial Speed enhance, secondaly if your AGI specced you will gain an additional 5 or so % depending on how many aa you put into it. thirdly the new TSO AA line you can get another 5%. This all stacks with our **** Pathfinding run speed buff.
    5+5+5+16= 31% Natural runspeed. So if you are seeing swashes your level outrunning you, this may be the reason. Secondaly mounts are a big help considering that even at your level you can aquire a mount that gives anywhere from 45% - 65% run speed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Esquibar Guest

Thanks for clearing this up guys. I guess I don't remember correctly. As far as avoidance, are you sure that it hasn't changed? I remember being able to take on mobs a lot longer before. It seems like Monks can't tank as well anymore because of this.
    As far as the run speed issue, is there a way for us veterans that Sony loves so much to get an item like the Journeyman Cloak?
    Edit: Replying from my other account. Didn't realize I was logged into it.