Combination Does Not Crit

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Morrolan V, Jun 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

. . . and it should.
    Only AA attack on any class I can find that does not crit. This is a high damage, endline attack for us. Please correct.
  2. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

It should crit.
  3. ARCHIVED-ArcticBlue182 Guest

is it even worth having tho, it never used to be.
  4. ARCHIVED-Brickfist Guest

It is. I sware I've seen the first one crit, not sure if the second one crits because basically its a detrimental put on the mob.
  5. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

In raid last night it went hit like 25 times according to ACT and 0% crit. So i am seeing the same thing. If it did crit at one time its not criting for me.
  6. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

It doesn't crit ever.
  7. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

Blanka is right. It never crits. Many, many parses will show. Finally spent some time to go through a couple of full raid parses and every other AA attack from every other class I can find (including our other ones) does crit.
  8. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

It actually would be one hell of a skill if it crit.
  9. ARCHIVED-Shredderr Guest

Here is even another example of how the company is ignoring the fact that we are supposed to be a tank class woth the superior amount of dps to warrant many deaggro abilities ... I really dont see it . Why does this not crit ? Doesnt Ice comet ? Fusion ? Rift ? Why do we have the " worthless deaggroes " if we never need to deaggro ? Not getting it plz tell someone to look at what monk class was supposed to be and what we are and fix the situation .
  10. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Combination needs to be able to crit.
    It ALSO needs to stop being reflectable, since no other CAs are. For some reason combination reflects for like 80k hits pretty consistently.
  11. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Are you sure you just aren't referring to ritualist sqilaks reflect? Maybe you should watch when you hit your stuff.
  12. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

It's happened on many mobs. I first noticed it on the heroic version of Miragul, I've seen it recently on Pittles in Demetrik's bastion, etc.
    It's really obnoxious because I have combination macro'd all over my CAs so that it will go off automatically when I've done a punch/jab/kick in succession, and it's the only CA that is effected by his reflect. It basically means I either have to redo my hotbars before the fight or not dps at all when he's reflecting (which is silly, since nothing else I have reflects). It's also kind of ridiculous to be fighting a heroic named in one of the easiest zones and suddenly receive a combination reflect for three hits of 50k. It does disproportionately massive damage regardless of the mob reflecting.
  13. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Our blue ae dot also reflects.
  14. ARCHIVED-AustinB Guest

Yeah, the reflect on Combination is really quite dumb. I know I have one-shotted myself with it on more than one occasion.

For Combination I would really recommend the following changes:
    * An extra 1 second to trigger it (making it possible to trigger when it is laggy)
    * Increase the duration the debuff stays on the mob by 2 seconds so it is possible (or at least much easier) to actually use all the triggers
    * Allow it to crit
    * Prevent it from being reflected (or at least fix it so it doesn't reflect for absurd amounts)
  15. ARCHIVED-Cylmore Guest

A little off topic, I'm having trouble getting this ability off. I'm also trying to figure out macroing to make it quicker. Anyone macro combo? If so, how are you setting it up? thanks,
  16. ARCHIVED-Polynikes Guest

Cylmore wrote:
    I have Combination off in a corner of a hotbar I don't use for much during combat so its out of the way but visible so I can see when its back up. Then I have it macro'd into 3 CA's (5rings, Frozen Palm, Silent Palm). Each of those is set up to be the last in a 3CA chain for Combination, so it looks something like this (minus a few CA's in between)
    Rising Dragon, Striking Cobra, 5rings w/Combo macro
    Waking Dragon, Roundhouse Kick, Frozen Palm w/Combo macro
    Rising Phoenix, Artic Talon, Silent Palm w/Combo macro
    It might be a little overkill but I like it because after the initial 5rings Combo macro this gives me options as I cycle thru my CA's and when I notice Combo coming back up I can watch for which chain is closest to being up again. Others might have a technique that works better for them/you but this is what I personally like.
  17. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

I use essentially the same technique as Dorien.
  18. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

I stopped macroing combination to my CA's last expansion because I was tired of the CA not queuing. What I do instead is I gave a whole hotbar to combination 3x4 format where my CA's are columned by punch jab and kick so I can see cleary which of them is up then hit them.
  19. ARCHIVED-Polynikes Guest

Yeah, it sucks when you click the CA and it doesn't queue.
  20. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

I do exactly the same thing as Blanka, for exactly the same reason. Continually finding that the macro'ed CAs would not queue.
    Here's what my hotbar looks like:
    [IMG]