Collectibles/Shinies: doubts and questions

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by FrozzenFire, Sep 19, 2017.

1. FrozzenFire New Member

Henlo! :3

I have questions about shiny hunt in Fallen Gate (server).
    Collectibles' prices are very high right now (in some cases they're ridiculous, like >3P per piece on low-level shinies), and since I'd like to finish them (good xp and rewards!), I'd like to harvest them.
    Before I'll dig questions out, I want you to know that I searched for answers on google and on these forums before making this thread, but I found nothing.

• I saw that there was an update on our server, several months ago, saying that shinies will be visible only if you're within the level range; this mechanic is not clear to me. Let's make an example: if I'm level 34, will I be able to harvest a level 20 collectible item?
    • Cracked Bone fragments collections: where do those drop? By searching in-game (I've been doing a looong trip around the Shattered Lands!), I've found out that:
      • dark elf/ogre/halfing cracked bones come from FG.
      • gnoll cracked bones come from BB
      • orc cracked bones come from WC
    ... but what about ALL other races? I could not find any of these bones in the places they are supposed to be (level 10-tier zones such as CL, Ant, Frostfang, DLW). For example, I've been harvesting for two hours in frostfang sea (near the lvl 15 isles), and I did not find any cracked bones (only shattered ones); beyond the time I spent, I've had a full 56 bag slot of shinies (shattered bones), but no (EDIT: actually, I've got one: Gnome) cracked bones! I mean - what are the chances?
    Same goes for Ant (I did not found much harvestables there though, since the place is huge).
    Is this because the drop tables of these kind of collectibles is broken or because I've been mislead?
    And if so, where should I harvest Erudite/High Elf/Gnome/Half Elf (and so on...) cracked bones?

I'm seriously missing only that ones to finish all my collections :D
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

3. Karioki Active Member

There is a stretch of land north of the druid ring. I believe it is north (Game is offline atm) - the coastline which has the Obelisk of lost souls. There is a spawn every 5-10 minutes and while it can be other items it is often cracked bone shards.
  4. FrozzenFire New Member

I've been there; my doubt is: is this wiki reliable?
    To be fair, I've found one cracked gnome bone in FrostFang sea (the first one before harvesting around 40 shattered, as mentioned before). But just that one: am I incredibly unlucky or is there something wrong, here?
    By the way, this link doesn't list Frostfang Sea as a possible drop location for it. There is something definitively wrong: either that cracked shouldn't have dropped in frostfang or this wiki is outdated; maybe the drop tables are just different in the FG server.

This is what confuses me: finding cracked bonus is easy in the "right" places (wc for orcs, fg for dark elfs/halfings/ogres, bb for gnolls), but what about the others?

Thanks in advance
  5. FrozzenFire New Member

Are you talking about Antonica?
    Thanks a ton!!!
  6. Karioki Active Member

Sorry yes. That is Antonica
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The stuff on the wiki is posted by volunteers, so no, it's not 100% reliable. The link mentions a couple of zones that you did not mention, The Commonlands and Nek Forest, so I was unaware you had already searched those.

Shinies can be hard to find without the harvest ability or Gnomish Divining Rods, neither of which is available on FG. Good luck!
  8. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

the orc islands in frostfang will produce cracked and shattered.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Note that people put shinies on the broker at prices that some fool will pay. There are plenty of people willing to buy a few Krono, turn them into cash, then use that to buy shinies to help level a FG toon. As long as that is true, shinies will always be expensive on the broker.The flip-side of this is that whenever you get a shiny you DON'T need, sell that puppy to finance buying others.

Even on the live servers shinies are pricey on the broker.... I make most of my in-game money on live via selling shinies. I'm a completionist (okay, okay, "shiney ho" is the right term) so I do save up and buy shinies sometimes, although I also mentor down and go hunt shinies in older zones on live, too (and am I ever sick of Palace of Sabaron and Fabled Nizara right now, /shakes fist at zones while screaming "GIVE ME MY SHINY I NEED DANGIT!") which leads to me selling a lot of duplicates on the broker.

That being said, from time to time, I will just stand at the broker, set the broker search to Collectibles, and start paging through to see what shinies are available that I can afford. It's also helpful to check the broker daily for the shinies you need, because on occasion someone puts one up at a much lower price than everyone else and you can snap it up cheap.
    Dude, Prissetta and Ceyllynn like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

One thing that will help shiny seekers is a guide to the collection quests. Years ago, a fellow named Ripchi developed a worksheet on which you could keep track of what collections a character has and still needed (Feldon is working on a report to do this from EQ2U at some point in the future, I hear).

Ripchi's guide is extremely helpful up through Rise of Kunark. It shows which things are NO-TRADE, which pieces are body drop (although that's somewhat out of date, some of what used to be body drop can also sometimes be found as ground spawns), and gives /locs, especially for book collection pages.... and Desert of Flames has a bunch of those that have to be hunted down and clicked on somewhere:
    Also helpful are the fanpage Collection guides. These are especially helpful because you can tell what collections may be metacollections, i.e., completing a collection gives as a reward a shiny for the new metacollection, and may have useful information about where a given collection may be found, particularly in the expansions later than RoK.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sadly, the link for the Excel version doesn't appear to work currently. I was able to download the .pdf, but it's only useful as a reference or if you are going to print the sheets out, IMO. Instead of a binder, I keep all my EQ2 stuff in an Excel workbook. :cool:

For collections in
    • Terrors of Thalumbra
    • Zek, the Scourge Wastes
    • Kunark Ascending
    try http://eq2.ivo.eti.br/home/
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Prissetta likes this.
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member