Coldwind King Crab not dropping loot

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-JJDillon, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Brigh wrote:
    Yeah, I've seen the Scion perhaps once, ever, in months. The hill then was full of mobs, but I'll be damned if I know how to make that happen!

Either it's an obscure spawn mechanic, or something is seriously wrong there.

There are only minor gripes in the overall scheme of things, but since Sony was nice enough to put in a whole slew of new gear with the last revamp, several sets of which are fairly desireable for looks for low-level characters (hard enough to get a matching set at that level!), then it behooves them to keep it obtainable.
  2. ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte Guest

So we've found the issue with the crab, but it's tricker than it appears and will require a code fix. It has to do with the fact that he's not using his own spawner, so this is probably affecting a few other mobs throughout the game. One of the coders is looking innto it, but this is relatively low priority, so it may be awhile before you see a fix.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

People have kinda poked fun at the attention this issue has gotten, but I wondered, and your statement shows it, that there's an underlying issue that could, in theory, affect other situations and is a good thing to look at. Esp, since it worked internally and not on live. Always a good thing to check on!
  4. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

a-HAH! I knew I wasn't crazy! I told them, I told them all! I'm not psycho! Even IF the Wheel of Vaniki speaks to me in visions!

I showed them all, now we'll see who laughs...the CKC Man arises triumphant!

Thanks for your diligence, Fyreflyte. I promise to bring up more minutae in the midst of a content rollout in the future.
  5. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

This gets dev attention? /boggle
    Can you get someone to look at all of Sentinel's Fate? As oo, about 80% of the items in it are pre-dumb down.
  6. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

It was my understanding that everything gets read by a dev, eventually.

Though I agree, TSF could use a nice freshening.
  7. ARCHIVED-X-NYDOTer Guest

*thumbs through the other threads that lack any dev feedback good bad or otherwise*

*notices that this thread gets how many replies*

*considers joining the OP's guild as he obvsiuosly has a hookup*

wait was this guy in NPU at one time? I know i know dont bait the devs or the mods i been a bad boy i will stop but dangit you have to see the irony in this thread i mean wow...

discuss...
  8. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

How does it go for you, any luck with the crab fishing?
  9. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Helmarf wrote:
    Haven't tried since the last dev response, no point until it's patched...In the meantime, a gentleman upthread contacted me about another set of mobs dropping (or not dropping) gear in the Commonlands, I've been researching that and collecting data.

Another post may be in order!
  10. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

To the naysayers, look -- I post about things that matter to me, as I'm sure you do.

For me, it's the sub-90 game. I have 3 accounts and progress slowly, working all the content I can find, quest-kill-and-otherwise, working AA's to their max before I unlock and progress some more. I've always done that.

I have 90's in EoW/Drunder grade gear, and I have 20's in full reactant and fabled with 100 AA's -- and more in between.

There are already dozens of people hawking every detail of the Level 90 game. They don't need me to do that.

Further, I've posted on other points in the past that have received zero dev response (the abysmal droprate of Fabled items in Nek2, for example). I got lucky this time, and Fyreflyte indulged me.

I wish you all as much luck with your issues, assuming they're presented with facts and a positive attitude. G'day.
  11. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

I just had to se if it was same thing on my server, the king crab poped and no loot

I bet that someday we will find a quest NPC somewhere in Norrath to help him found the great treasure of the Coldwind King Crab.
  12. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Helmarf wrote:

I'm not sure that we'll ever approach the pop culture level of the quest 'Snakes on the Plains', though.
  13. ARCHIVED-StormQueen Guest

Arturoz@Kithicor wrote:
    Your tinfoil hat fell off in Lavastorm, that's your problem. The Sootfoot goblins just sold it too.
    The OP is my guild leader. He's in no way associated with SOE/devs/NPU raid guild. How dare any red name answer a thread without your permission....
  14. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

If only current tier raid loot got the same attention old level 15 release content got...
  15. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Perhaps it's just me, the chronic cynic, getting my one bit of naievte in for the year, but I honestly believe it does.

Just because a dev doesn't post on it, doesn't mean they aren't working on it. In fact, I'm willing to bet whatever's in my account's bank (though it's not much) that they have multiple people working on current-content issues.
  16. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    I realize that people are frustrated but there is no point in jumping on people who actually respond to threads here. It's no wonder that forum response from developers has decreased. They are short handed and when they do respond someone, somewhere will complain about it, usually with sarcasm and unpleasantness. I don't know about you, but I avoid talking to people who are being unpleasant.
    As you can see they didn't put this as priority one and drop everything to get right on it. It also states that it is probably affecting other mobs throughout the game. Who knows, it might even be affecting a mob that you want loot from.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

You're definitely 100% wrong Whiskers. Drunder loot has had the same issue for 7 months now. No notes, no fixes, nothing. So, while you are cynical, let me know when you see those results I appear to be missing.
  18. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Found this the other day and disappointed it is yet another "rare" named that doesn't give AA.
    There was a dev post years ago that asked if you saw any mob you thought should give AA and didn't, to send bug reports about them.
    I have bug reported the Devout Thule Sattar in the Feerrott for YEARS with no change.
    Crab dropped no chest the other day.
  19. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Brigh wrote:

That's a great point. I'll file that in the back of my mind when I'm doing my daily dose of /feedbacks.
  20. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Gaealiege@Butcherblock wrote:
    I likely won't see those results, like I said upthread. I don't get a lot of chances to play cutting-edge content. I leave that to guys like you to lobby for, as I lobby for the sub-90 game.

If that's what you're seeing, then I truly sympathize with your plight because problems with current content should always get the lion's share of developer attention -- and I've never argued otherwise.

For my part and like I said, I study the low-level game and want to see it optimized as much as possible, so there is a viable alternative to the character's formative steps that doesn't involve this mythical idea of PLing to 90 over 1-3 days so you can then enjoy the "real game".

I wish you best luck in getting your message to the right people and having your concerns addressed.