Coldain Ring UPDATE See Lemunas post 9/8

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Cloudrat, Jul 9, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Lylah Guest

Back to a regular play schedule this week. Will keep an eye out for folks who've expressed interest. Let's get groups/catch ups started again this weekend.
    See you in game.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ceebia Guest

I been trying to get it done on the AB server, heck it's the only HQ I got left. With folks consintrating on Skyshrine it's been very difficult to find folks to help out iwth it, and I'm up to the TOFSx2 raid part.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lemunas Guest

Prerequisite's
    you must be level 90 or higher and have completed the quests: the first 8 quests in the coldain ring HQ line, "Finding the Dain" to get the quest "Freeing the Dain", and I can't remember if you need to do "The Tower of Frozen Shadow" quest, although it wouldn't be a bad idea since it requires the same kills as "Finding the Dain".

The Tower of Frozen Shadow
    I can't remember if this quest is required to complete the Coldain Ring line, but if you still have to do "Finding the Dain", it wouldnt be a bad idea to do "The Tower of Frozen Shadow" as it doesn't add much to your run

Finding the Dain
    complete all three heroic ToFS zones in order, completing the mirror quests on each floor before progressing to the next. (again, EQ2i.com has a good walkthrough on this quest so i won't repeat it here)

On turning in the quest "Finding the Dain" make sure you grab the quest "Freeing the Dain" from Dain Ulrinn Frostreaver VII in Thurgadin.

This will bring you up to the point that you can start on the ToFSx2 steps

ToFSx2 steps
    Grab the quest "Casting a Long Shadow" from the coldain general in the first room when you zone in, it's one of the required quests for the Coldain Ring line if i remember correctly.

Also, talk to the historian the wanders around the first floor, you need to complete her quest in order to get the Hero's Ring, EQ2i.com has a good walkthrough on that if you want it.

Go through the zone, clearing the floors and killing names until you finish all seven floors, then go kill Tserrina to finish both the "Casting a Long Shadow" and "Freeing the Dain" quests

RW Step
    Go to the RW battlefield and get the quest from the now freed dain who is standing in the little camp south of the battlefield, it will require you to kill the x4 version of the final name in the battlefield.

Congratulations on completing the Coldain Line

Edited for missing quotation marks
  4. ARCHIVED-Lemunas Guest

ToFSx2 name strategies
    this list is in the same order as the floors to be simpler for me, you can jump around between floors if you want, they don't have to be cleared in order.

I just one grouped the zone using my SS geared 92 monk to tank, so its possible to run one tank with ease now, two healers are a good idea though
    Evac floor
    Demanti Sheda: This is a simple fight, you get about 30 spiders, then 4-5 waves of skeletons, then the name. the name doesn't have anything too bad though. And I believe you can try to kill it more than once

Floor 1
    Xalgoti: This name is a simple turn and burn, frontal AOE auto, possible memwipes.

Floor 2
    Zorglim the Departed: this name is a simple turn and burn, you can ignore the curses if you want, there are too many to cure them all.
    Spectral Librarian Emiida and Shadowed Tome of Ages Past: clear the entire floor of ghosts before pulling, the book stoneskins and summons an add every 25%, the first two arent bad but the third one (Tserrina) hits like a truck, having three tanks for this name wouldn't be a bad idea if your dps is high enough. also, the librarian and the book must die within ~10 seconds of eachother or they revive to 100% health. the librarian also enrages every 45 seconds or so and has to be dispelled, two red messages show on your screen, the second is when it needs to be dispelled after. you also need to dispell the name on pull, otherwise it has a damage shield.

Floor 3
    Romero the Angered: you first have to kill the five or six trash on this floor, then eight vampires will spawn in the same room as Romero is in the heroic, I wouldn't recommend pulling more than two vampires at a time. Romero is a simple fight, just turn and kill. Romero has a 50% strikethrough chance and is also a brawler script, so having a monk tank in defensive is the best way to do it, though any tank can hold aggro easily enough.
    Vethilot the Corpsemonger: you have to kill the zombie adds and destroy corpses like in the heroic, but Vethilot will also cast a curse on one person every 30 seconds I believe that kills them, that person must be resurrected immediatly as Vethilot will perform his stoneskin + buff off them like a zombie corpse.

Floor 4
    Go downstairs and kill the gargoyles (tracking is great for finding them) before pulling Cara Omica.
    Cara Omica: during the fight, she will port people down stairs somewhere and spawn a level 90^ doppleganger that will go attack that person. after you get her to ~80-90% health, she will stop taking damage unless you have a specific curse on you, this curse is acquired by running into the black water elementals around her small room. she has a few aoes that should be cured.

Floor 5
    kill the four golems to activate the Manifestation
    Manifestation of Tserrina's Rage: during the fight the name will spawn hand adds that an OT will have to grab and tank while the raid kills them, then get back on the name, try for at least a 20% burn on tserrina between each set of adds.

Floor 6
    you have to clear the floor like in the heroic, on the room with the large number of mirrors, you need to have one tank hold all the two up arrow imps as when you kill them they split into an x2 and several other, killing all the imps at the same time is enough to wipe a very well geared raid.
    Vhal'Sera: for about the first 33% of the fight, Dopplegangers will spawn of people, the people who have doppelgangers can't attack Vhal'Sera or they end up damaging and killing themselves. the next 33% is the lightning like in the heroic, everyone piles up right behind him and doesn't move, the lightning will hit him before it hits players at that range. the last 33% is a burn with the doppelgangers again.

Floor 7
    Tairiza the Widow Mistress: pull the two linked trash into the little room just outside her room, kill them, and the name will lose its damage preventation buffs and rush you. during the fight with the name, cocoons will spawn on the ground, have one or two people that watch for those and kill them, if you dont kill them fast enough, a lot of adds spawn, if you miss two cocoons, you're probably going to wipe.

Floor 8
    Tserrina Syl'Tor: she has multiple aoes, and power drains a lot too. there's a beneficial buff on her at the beginning of the fight, make sure to have mages/druids get that off her fast as it drains power. at some point during the fight, she ports to the middle and two mirrors will spawn. they can spawn in four different locations, north and south, top and bottom. a red message will alert you about where the mirrors spawned, and they're also easy to see, big swirling blue walls. you have to kill them in order to continue the fight. also, as you kill the mirrors, adds will be spawning out of them, you should be able to get one mirror down before the adds start coming, remember to stay together on moves and have the MT be mindful of his healers or you're going to wipe. after you have the mirrors down, green shinies will spawn around Tserrina in the middle of the room, you need to have people click those asap, after someone clicks it, they get stunned in place. you have about 20 second to get someone on all the shinies, or she respawns or comes back to before the mirrors spawn, I can't remember. after you have the shinies clicked I believe that she dies or flies off and you get your loot and the last update for "Casting a Long Shadow" and "Freeing the Dain".

If you could feedback on this soon that would be wonderful Breu
  5. ARCHIVED-Lylah Guest

For prerequisites, both Finding the Dain and Tower of Frozen Shadow questlines need to be completed. Again, only one person needs to be flagged for the x2, so this isn't much of an issue. We've flagged 4 more HoT members this past weekend.
    I think we're all set in getting the new lvl 90-92s to round out the rest of the x2.
    Will be sending out in game mail and hope to get a schedule out to everyone soon.

Thanks, Lemunas, for the input. There is another named you need to add on your list - when you evac the raid, you get a single shot at the Spectre named after killing groups of spiders and skellies.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lemunas Guest

The quest "Finding the Dain" is required to be completed so you can get the quest "Freeing the Dain" which is required to get the quest for the last ring
  7. ARCHIVED-Lylah Guest

Thanks to everyone for participating in our impromptu ToFS x2 raid last Saturday afternoon.
    Two more nameds to go and then Tserinna and we were interrupted by server downtime - who knew an update would be forthcoming on a mid-afternoon on a Saturday?
    Let's schedule another one this Saturday, 9/22, Noon-ish Pacific time and hope we catch those who weren't around last time.
  8. ARCHIVED-Hordolin Awanagin Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Healani Guest

I should be able to be there.
    Gloomy
    Test
  10. ARCHIVED-Skeez1e Guest

Lylah wrote:
    See you then.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cuora Guest

Lylah wrote:
    I have it on my calendar :). Chiloh should be there barring no unforseen family issues (had a sick 5 year old this weekend). He's back to normal now :).
  12. ARCHIVED-Lylah Guest

Thanks to everyone for their participation and congrats to all who were able to finish their Coldain Ring HQ.
    We'll do it again soon and see if we can get updates for those that missed out.