Coin limits going bye-bye?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-SteelPiston Guest

Be prepared for the fall out. Loads of people will unsubscribe as the major benefit of a Gold sub will no longer be there. All the other things are incidental and can be bought if and when required.
    The only benefit of Gold will be to block all the micro transaction popups that must be coming our way for SOE to somehow recover the lost revenue. If I am going to get those as a gold subscriber, then I'll unsubscribe.
  2. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

SteelPiston wrote:
    Explain to us please how a Silver member is supposed to amass the amount of plat needed to buy a Krono which is equal to a valid Gold subscription.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

SteelPiston wrote:
    Hmm lets do some quick math...
    Without gold sub, in order to have all access to your bags, classes, and races, and character slots, that would be $213.50.
    Then you also factor in gear (to unlock 1 peice of gear for each type of slot you have would be another $6. Most classes between 82-92 have between 25-30 spell upgrades, so for unlockers there would be about another $7.50.
    So you are looking at a total of $230. That's equal to 15 months of paying for gold. I dont think many people are going to drop a $15 a month sub and turn around and spend $230 in one lump sum to get back what they had...
    And if you're lucky, you are on of those people that stocked up on multiple years of Gold subscription with Triple SC events and marketplace sales and are paying about $1.50-$3 a mo. and are set for the next 2-3 years...
    So are you really going to get all bent out of shape because free/silver players can carry around unlimited coin now? Well then good-bye.
    There will be no fall-out. If anything we might actually get some more people trying out EQ2 since there will be 1 less restriction.
    I highly doubt that people that have been subscribing for years is suddenly going to drop their sub and buy everything from the marketplace to be able to have what they had (mostly) when they were Gold.
    After 8 years of EQ2, and all the changes I've seen this game make, this has got to be one of the most ridiculous things for someone to get upset about and threat quitting the game... lol
  4. ARCHIVED-Merodos Guest

This will up the demand for Krono as more people will be buying it off the broker (because they can afford it). Sony still receives it's monthly sub, it's just someone other than the buyer of the sub who uses it. People with the real world cash to burn still get to buy plat, sony still gets paid, everyone walks away happy...except the plat farmers.

The End
  5. ARCHIVED-EternallyConfuzzled Guest

SteelPiston wrote:
    For many people, broker access would be a huge deal breaker for unsubscribing, unless they've removed the restriction of needing tokens to sell on silver. The rest of the restrictions aren't too big of a deal, IMO, but I switched from silver to gold for the coin and the broker. Not having to shell out for unlockers constantly is just a perk on top of it. ;)
    Doing the math, even with unlimited coin on bronze and silver, I'd still keep my gold sub for unlimited broker access as selling is my primary money maker.
  6. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

SteelPiston wrote:
    AA slider is still not movable by free accounts.
    Gold players have access to most races & classes, all if they've bought AoD
    Gold players don't have to worry about item & spell unlockers, which at 90+ are an increasingly major headache.
    If you think the gold cap is "the major benefit" then you're not thinking, but please feel free to unsub. I recommend everyone do so, since SOE does not deserve your money.
  7. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Freejazzlive wrote:
    AA slider doesn't matter if you're capped.
    Grandfathered characters don't need to worry about races and classes.
    A few unlockers for spells a year, and unlocking some gear is far cheaper than a monthly sub.
  8. ARCHIVED-EternallyConfuzzled Guest

Juggercap wrote:
    Then removal of the restriction is a win win situation for grandfathered characters at the cap who are stingy with unlocks. Unsub and enjoy the unlimited coin feature on F2P.
    I'm not entirely sure what your point was with that extreme example.
  9. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Hachi@Nektulos wrote:
    My point was that "If you think the gold cap is "the major benefit" then you're not thinking" is a silly blanket statement that doesn't stand up to quite a large portion of veteran players in an aging game. I fully plan to be unsubbed soon. (Whenever the year I got on a triple cash weekend ends.) I'm still trying to convince myself that they're going to put the work in to make this next year worth buying an expansion for. So far, I'm not convinced.
    If you're a new player, the coin cap might not be all that important, but being able to have plat on my account to use as I want...I could see at least unlocking one character. With the slow levels and 0.2 increase type itemization, it's a one time cheap purchase with minimal need to unlock gear more than once or twice.
  10. ARCHIVED-SteelPiston Guest

THIS^
    Eg. You have a 2 year GOLD sub bought with SC until 2014. Now it is a waste because the goal posts have been moved and a couple of cheap unlockers were all that was required. All other gold perks can be bought. Someone mentioned the storage space - just make more accounts with mule characters to hold your junk if you are a pack rat. Are SOE going to refund those GOLD subs..like hell they will. Something was taken away and given to other folks for free.
    I also like the older community that the GOLD sub brings to the game. Now the that freeloader accounts..yes, I said it...freeloader, will have unlimited coin, we can expect an influx of farmers and annoying kids. Not being able to hold more than a few platinum was the MAJOR reason that the Bronzes and Silvers went GOLD. Being handicapped by the low amount of coin that they could hold, kept away the kids.
    The Krono escrow account was the way to go.
  11. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

While it is cool that bronze and silver can now get the coin from either selling or buying Krono, we still have the problem of not having something worthwhile to sink our plat into to get it out of the system entirely.
    Effectively all we have done now is increased the amount of plat in the game, but honestly there isnt much worth purchasing with plat to make Krono/Plat trades all that meaningful at endgame
  12. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

crazyeyes321 wrote:
    Nothing about this system suggests it was intended to be a plat sink. I don't at all see how it increases the amount of plat. (nvm...I do see how more plat is there...since freeloaders can bank more than they could previously.)
  13. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

I know this system isnt an intended plat sink, as plat isnt lost it is transfered.
    However, if you cant see how more plat comes into a system when a good portion can suddenly hold more(without using silly methods like banking stacks of fuels) then I don't know what to say.
  14. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

crazyeyes321 wrote:
    Took me a bit, but I do see what you're saying now. I read it wrong the first time around.