Coercers 2013

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Zbones, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

you clearly have never done anything of any value (above like temple of the faceless or throne of fear). just as the other person posted came to the conclusion. there really is nothing left to discuss, I can't help someone that can't understand the very basics. just continue doing your poor job. let me help those that want to improve.
  2. Davngr Well-Known Member

i did do stuff of value back when your coercer was killing spider in RoV, kid.

don't try to use the scrub raider argument on me because it won't work... your "i killed this mob durr durr durr so i know everything about everything and am right about it all" post are laughable.

the OP asked what playing an enchanter was like and i gave him a pretty good description of what playing a chanter is like. you chose to call me out for no reason and have been burnt to a crisp because of it. blame yourself for being bad not me.

also ucala.. why don't you let us know about how to get the sky shrine drako mount? OMG OMG SKRET INFOZ... DONT TELL ANYONE!!!

of value.. LOLOLOLOLOL
  3. Suduire New Member

Really, I am sorry but this whole argument is just too funny.

Why cannot coercers do both, utility and DPS? Most of our buffs are passive, feeding power is a joke, we only got to click a few buttons for utility, and we have some really inefficient DPS spells that will not be missed other than the extra procs for dps.

It is sad to see the state of talent left in the coercer pool. But, that is what happens since SoE has neglected and let them rot by the wayside while still requiring them to be an integral part of the raid due to a few key mechanics. I miss the days when coercers would troll over T1 in the parses, but that seems to be a forgotten age.
  4. Rairine Member

To ask a stupid question, as tbh I tend to only raid due to time constraints (though looking to start grouping again soon)

Im not the best coercer by any stretch, I think (hope) I do a competent job though, Id like to know what we do as utility thats created this argument?

Outside of debuffing a little, and managing power for my group/raid what is there? I tend to try and get myself as high up the parse as I can, as to be honest anything else I do probably doesnt mean the healers will cast lesser heals anyway, so it feels like the group benefits more through my extra dps.
  5. JesDyr Well-Known Member

It isn't really an argument... They are in violent agreement with each other and just don't know it.
  6. Draylore Well-Known Member

Refreshing to see that Davngr knows how to play a Coercer as well as he knows how to play his other classes.
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

i really don't understand what all the "cool kids" have against me, it must be that i rail them regularly and that damages their frail self esteem.

btw all of you talk as if i'm not twice the player you are :\
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

nobody has anything against you Davngr. It's just a discussion about why do you think for coercers it is impossible to be utility and dps at the same time. You are saying be utility first and foremost and don't even try to help your raid with damage output. Others are trying to argue that a good coercer can do both: utility and damage.

I believe that we can do both without diminishing either role. Though I would love to see increase in chanters base spell damage. It's weak with comparison to other mages. Even with increase in some spells with gu66.
    Mermut likes this.
  9. Davngr Well-Known Member

you're wrong on several fronts.

first off i never said you could not dps and carry out your duties as a utility class, in fact i said only add in "extra" utility (stuns) "if at all needed".
    here is my original post, in response to someone asking what playing a coercer is like these days:

that is what I FEEL playing my coercer is like, yes i die a lot when i try to melee with him and that's probably because of his gear and yes i do cast stuns "if at all needed" and put my dps second to my my groups needs.

one of the "cool kids" felt he had to call me out like i had posted somehting horrid and totally untrue and the rest of high end scrubs came in to do the elephant dance behind him and got proved wrong ten times over.

so in short stop trying to find something wrong with anything i posted because you won't, because what i posted IS the most sensible information for someone that is rolling a coercer in EQ2 for the first time.