Coercers 2013

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Zbones, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

don't do that OP. like I said, there are plenty of non stunnable interrupts that you can cast so you make the mob not do casting spells damage to the tank without locking the name in place
  2. Davngr Well-Known Member

hey guise, what's auto attack?
    what's a flurry?
    what's that magic damage that is attached to auto attack that hits even if you miss?
    MA? what is this MA you speak off?

sure the over geared groups won't have much to worry about but the groups that a casual player starting out, one that might ask for advice would find himself in, would indeed benefit from a coercer who actually uses all his utility for the benefit of the group.
  3. Voxom Member

Coercers power feed, control hate, and dps. CC is not relevant to the class in any raid or heroic/duo challenge mode encounter. You can make a tiny difference with CC in casual heroic instances; however, if it gets to that point you should really just find a more competent group tbh.
  4. Davngr Well-Known Member

hate control = CC

and that "find a more competent group" elitist mind set is exactly why beginners shouldn't listen to over geared raiders who can't keep their advice relevant.

as your gear/support gets better your damage will improve but your first priority as a utility class should be to aid your group not "how much damage can i do".

by all means get in there and melee if you can and try to find your self the highest weapon rating
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

it might be true, but you are way way overvaluing it. utility to the group isn't any more than pressing manaflow every once in a while nowadays. even in the lower levels. it's not "oh crap I pulled too many by mistake, help me" it's "I'm gonna pull alot to speed this along" now. even in "non raid" groups.
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Don't you want to try new duo zones as a chanter? To win there you have to dps somewhat. We chanters (coercers) are weak enough already not to try and improve our damage output. Feeding mana, interrups and stuns as you please do not stop us from parsing.
    We can do all of the above , right ? :)
  7. Voxom Member

You call that an elitist mindset? More like "belowaveragist" if you have to use control effects to get through a heroic instance. I'm also confused as to why you can't dps and CC at the same time, I mean it's not like our damage spells come with CC effects on them, oh wait. Honestly though, what do you mean by "using your utility?" Are you sitting back at max range and casting mez/root?

As I've said, your priority as a coercer is power feeding, hate control, and dps in that order which leaves plenty of time to dps. You should be pushing yourself to dps as much as possible, in a heroic group a coercer should be 2nd or 3rd on a parse depending on how many t1 dps classes are in the group and if the bard/tank is better than you. The BEST thing you can do as a coercer is kill the mob as fast as you can to shorten the encounter as much as possible, especially since a lot of encounters in instances these days have dps checks and you encounter less of the scripts as a result of higher dps.

Also you shouldn't listen to me because I'm an over geared raider? Yes, because when I made my coercer 11 months ago it was instantly accepted into Equilibrium and I got a of a full set of end game raid gear as a quest reward for dinging level 95, I never ran heroic content to gear up, ever :rolleyes:.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

must be why he is self proclaimed 3rd best coercer
  9. Voxom Member

FTFY
  10. Davngr Well-Known Member

i'm confuxed about who exactly said that you don't dps AND cc at the same time when needed?

notice i said WHEN NEEDED and all you scrubs keep trying to somehow discredit what i post when in fact i have THE most sensible post for a coercer asking for advice.

yes, you dps but when needed you put out stuns BECAUSE that's ALSO part of the classes utility and now that the stuns do damage too and reset other damage abilities there really is no reason NOT to help out the group with CC WHEN NEEDED, notice i said WHEN NEEDED.

you're too fast to come circle jerk your high end scrub buddy, maybe next time you should READ what is being argued before making a fool out of yourself.
  11. Davngr Well-Known Member

could have just posted this IN THE FIRST PLACE and saved everyone all the additional post, nub.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

not really, you are taking your own pride out of context, anyone can say something true but be wrong about it. as you are.
    fact remains you really have no idea what you are talking about except in some case of if you want to pvp as a coercer. not PvE

Edit: by the way, you are only right because you said what I already said posted in the thread before you even came. you are wrong by yourself, right with me.
    now you can stop being a fool and just get out of the advice section.
  13. JesDyr Well-Known Member

I am(was) the 2nd worst coercer WW... Soooo You are all wrong. The job of a coercer is to watch as the raid/group kills stuff for you... sure you hit manaflow every once in a while but only because the animation is fun to watch.

Add "Don't eat up group wards on hard fights" to that as well... but I agree with Voxom (mostly I guess idk .. I didnt read it all)

POWAH - Lets face it. Most of the time you don't need to actively do anything for power, Maybe Manaflow once in a great while. If you think your group needs to be at 100% power ALL THE TIME, you are wrong and are wasting precious seconds where you could be facerolling.

Hate control - Again MOST of the time there is no need for anything but buffs.

So what is left? ,,, oh yah ... working your face off to put out some DPS that is but a fraction of those lazy T1s
    Kraeref likes this.
  14. Davngr Well-Known Member

look here megalomaniac guy..

i'm right because i'm right and don't need you to like waht i say or how i say it. if you don't like my post then don't quote them or better yet ignore me. fact is that my coercer keeps my groups mana full and makes hard fights easier by timing my utilities to benefit THE GROUP not my personal damage, scrub.
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

also makes your group fights longer, but you can continue on bad coercer :p I am trying to help people be good here
  16. Davngr Well-Known Member

see..

when you understand the game then you understand that what you're saying is non-sense. even if the 200k? more dps that you might put out ignoring your utilities made a difference it would only amount to .046 seconds shorter fight? if that. don't kid yourself, kid.

you're giving bad advice, utility class is for utility and should make use of ALL the utility available to them when necessary, dps is just a time filler.

also damage will improve with GEAR not by ignoring class primary duties.

edit.
    the best coercer this game has ever known was/is? parable and when i use to tank or heal while he was in the group, it was like someone hacked the mobs and turned off all the ca's and auto attack, why? because the guy was an amazing coercer and not some scrub trying to top parse ignoring class roles.
  17. JesDyr Well-Known Member

WRONG ... Revel was the best.

You must not be talking about raiding .. or even any decent group content... Yes on mob that has no CC immunity (or scripts that bypass Stun/Stifle/.. ), coercers can lock the mob down to the point that it barely touches the tank. However .. mobs that are that easy don't really matter do they? ..
    Ucala likes this.
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

200k? you still stuck in the DoV age or something?

also comparing old coercers to current is idiotic in itself. back than fewer mobs have CC immunities to it. you Could do that.
    stop living in the past and get with the times. acting like "utility" on a coercer is anymore than pressing Manaflow Maybe once every min (doubtfully) or any buffs that you cast at the start of the zone.
  19. Davngr Well-Known Member

you have over stepped, sir.

i happen to have grouped with revel and parable and parable was better than revel thought revel did break down coercer in his write up pretty well.. so that's one wrong for you.

the new content isn't as immune prone as most of the other stuff and i did say WHEN NEEDED and obviously if the mob is immune it IS NOT NEEDED? durrr

you can spin this anyway you want but i will still be running circles around the lot of you.
  20. Davngr Well-Known Member

how much more dps do you think skipping your utility grants you? keep in mind MOST of your damage is directly do to your gear not some magic casting structure.. with the gear, you can pretty much faceroll about the same numbers granted getting in and doing some melee WITH the STR line and 600ma/200dps/haste and so forth will also give a nice boost.

the coercer class still has the same utility it had back then and sure some mobs are immune to this utility but WHEN NEEDED (read above how immune affects this) it's still advantageous to your group.