Coercer Stats Direction

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Conscript, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Conscript New Member

2. Tayz Member

seems like your haste, and your spell double cast are low besides your ae auto.....you've got the right idea though as a melee caster you want to go with melee stats, but spell double attack is still nice because we don't get any ca's so anything we cast has the chance to double attack with spell double attack. at least that's my opinion.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

all your stats seem nice to me, more AE auto but I wouldn't really give up anything you currently have to more of it (except maybe some more MA).
    spell double attack is not nice since most of your stuff doesn't get effected by SDA
    (shockwave, all your reactives, PT doesn't really either except for the 1st trigger).
    all those are just some that doesn't get effected by SDA, and those usually are your highest parsing things as well as auto attack
    SDA is in fact about the worst stat you could choose on a coercer
  4. Apathy Member

Your stats are fine, try and get AE to 100% eventually. Get rid of the strikethrough and try to get more Flurry. Maybe Flurry Belt/Cloak. As far as weapons, you can try for Rare Labs crate or run VD for the 6s Weapon. Your weapons skills need to be a lot higher, until then maybe spec into a bit more Accuracy.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

weapon skills only need to be high if he is meleeing, which I -hope- he isn't doing with a 2s normal delay weapon, cause that would just be awful to do :p Focus is the skill you want for spell weapon damage
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Strikethrough comes with a mount. He can't reforge it. AE autoattack chance effects only melee autoattack. At least how it was before. With 2 sec delay he can't effectively melee.
    Focus is way to go in skills. It will increase damage and accuracy of a spell weapon (ranged).

200 ma is a waste. He doesn't need more than 120. And haste is too high too. It's not going to decrease a delay more than 0.9 on melee and 3.6 on ranged weapons. Flurry is better than SDA but it's not for chanters either. It's scouts stat who are always up mobs butt or side.
    Coercers can now effectively parse staying ranged. Exception if a scout has KC then we can move closer inside the circle. Even then I recommend to have automatic autoattack option selected rather than forced melee. He will lose dps on autoattack if he has to stay ranged in some fights. Until he gets better 2h I won't waste stats on something that does almost nothing.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

AE auto affects spell weapons just like all other melee stats
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

What Ucala said in post #3 is fine.

Listening to Kraeref in post #6 is bad. Clearly doesn't understand most of the mechanics of auto attacks.
  9. Apathy Member

This is correct, until you get a higher delay weapon, stick with Focus skills. My post was referring to melee and 6s weapon, sorry for the confusion.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Now tell me what is bad in my post? Is it not focus skill that increases damage of spell weapon or is it not true that putting more in haste b/w 160% and 200% going in waste b/s it doesn't decrease delay of either melee or spell weapon? Have you looked at it. MA has a very little return to hit twice after 100%.

The only one question is AE autoattack chance. I could've been wrong but b/c till very recent the character window was refering to it as a melee autoattack chance. If I am wrong then I am wrong. And I am happy about being wrong here.

But all in all with his 2sec melee weapon his melee autoattack dps is not going to be high. With 200% haste his weapon delay 0.9 sec. To let autoattack go he has to stop casting spells altogether.

Ranged autoattack doesn't require a break in casting spells.

Anyway It's an old school to think of chanters as only melee mages. It is a waste not to take an advantage of ranged autoattacks.

I won't argue anymore.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

200 MA isn't a waste at all, for the small amount of other stats you generally sacrifice for it, that extra % chance for a 3rd swing is more than worth it. Its worth it up till about 300MA.
    AE Auto attack effects both. Has done since they merged Weapon/Spell weapon stats. Only unshared stat any more is Weapon Damage Bonus.
    Haste over 200 converts to Flurry. Well worth it if you are already at your soft caps for DPS (600), AE auto (100), Abil Mod (15k).
    And Flurry is well worth it for chanters.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

I'd note that also, looking at your AA spec, you could gain more AE auto if you just shuffle some things around.
    like first I would drop the sever hate line all together and then you can go down the agi line somewhat and gain 14.4 casting speed and 48 recovery, so that opens up some reforge pieces of armor.
    also mentioned that you need more Focus skill (if you are using a wand). I would change your dragon line to the other one so you can 1) get more focus skill. 2) get an extra trigger on Hostage (one of your best moves). and 3). gain atleast an extra 125ish potency temp buff.
    not to mention that UT isn't that great for a coercer anyway.
    I would use something more along these lines
    http://beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU68;4t01@...50330@312010330@3330011t7001a00aa009a00aa0011
    just a suggestion though

although I guess you would actually lose AE auto maybe since you have that extra 24% on your Chanter tree. but you would gain much more personal dps with my spec
  13. arturos Active Member

why would you put points into IR?
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

I didn't really want to, but there wasn't much else to put it in, I guess max hp would have been a better choice? but eh, I needed to put 8 points in that tree somewhere and all the good stuff was taken
  15. arturos Active Member

i nabbed a point in that silly mana regen deal and some extra HP to offset the no stam gear.
  16. Gabriel New Member

Shockwave can SDA
    [Wed Mar 19 17:47:12 2014] YOUR Shock Wave critically hits training dummy for 291265 mental damage.
    [Wed Mar 19 17:47:12 2014] YOUR Shock Wave critically multi attacks training dummy for 299778 mental damage.
    also i dont know why any coercer would put points in the pets health or even cast the thing lol
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

So I have a question:

I see a lot of enchanters go down the SWDB/WDB route for gear. Obviously this is in exchange for potency.

What is a good level of potency to have? I obviously understand the reason for picking the WDB stuff, but if I can get my melee stats to soft caps using the potency gear, when does WDB/SWDB become more powerful than potency?

For example, 500 pot/cb vs 350 pot & 500cb with 40 WDB. Which would be better?

Also, do Coercers melee or range attack now? Does it matter?

My Coercer is an underused alt but I'm starting to get to a point where I want to play him more, so this info will help me out.
  18. Gabriel New Member

melee is the best for a coercer so WBD helps a ton plus its mostly all about the proc gear nowadays for dps wise on a coercer..
    mostly all the spells never hit hard to begin with so have a 500 potency is just meh imo
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

softcaps of pot and cb gear? there is no such thing as a soft cap on pot, unless it's like 150000
    anyway I don't see why a coercer wouldn't be in melee range anyway since they still have to shockwave. may as well just get in those few extra meters then. melee will do more dps, but spell is less of a hassle. so I guess it's your player call.
    wdb also depends on how good of a weapon you have (naturally).
    easy example, if your weapon hits for 300k, you have 10 wdb, your weapon should now hit for 330k. (10% of 300k).
    with people normally swings fall in the 600-1k-ish range. so you are talking 660k-1.1k from just 10 wdb, a coercer should be able to get around...50-60 wdb?
    more if you wear that wdb neck for the extra 40.
    also to take in account your double attack, AE auto, or even a flurry. the numbers just get greater and greater
    take into consideration that you will be in a melee group too, you should probably try to always spec for potency.
    since you will pull the best damage from having pot == cb.

like I said though, spell weapon is almost just as good and much less of a hassle to deal with. I only really know 1 coercer in the endgame guilds that still melees on the regular and that's Acejin
    oh my bad on the shockwave, I will retract that, although everything else is true. SDA is infact the worst stat for a coercer. almost no point to even have it above 5 (from the dragon AA).
    also your pet is still fairly important. just saying
  20. Gabriel New Member

not trying to be a you know what but what does the pet offer the dps of the pet is horrible it dies all the time to AEs from ToV names