Coercer - Maximizing DPS (Range/Melee): Unda's & Blinding Shock

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Apathy, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Chillispike Active Member

After upgrading some gear and haveing over 20k pot .. i specced for double cast (100%) and not melee anymore which increased my dps quite nicely. The melee specc is ok as long you have a low ratio of crit bonus vs potency. Since Critbonus caps at 4k the melee damage can't keep up with the spell damage. melee damage is less then 1% of me damage since i don't use wdb gear either now.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Unfortunately or fortunately nothing now compares to damage of ascention spells (example, etherealist) at their GM level and new epic 2.0 spells of a coercers at their ancient levels. Nowdays keep increasing pot, get SDC to 100% and forget about melee spec altogether.
    Mermut likes this.
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

If you stand at 20 meters for Unda, it will do comparable damage to your ascensions over the course of a long fight.
    Mermut likes this.
  4. Chillispike Active Member

Ascension spells do deal a lot of damage yes, but they have a fairly long recast time.
    The most of the Coercer spells have a recast time of 30 seconds max.
    depenting on how high you crit it a 6 bil hit of unda ain't that unusual tbh.

If take a look at the damage % dealed of the spells the Ascension Spells are quite high but hardly over 50% together of your total damage on the long run.
    If you only cast ascension spells your dps will be awfull, the mix of spells is the "key" to reach high dps.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Better at 19 meters. @ 20 meters it doesn't hit.
    Mimicry and Ascension spells and Savage minds, everything else is a filler now.
  6. Chillispike Active Member

sometimes it does it :/ i guess it's rounding meters thing .. when you are at between 19.6m it prolly shows 20m and triggers but at 20.4m it shows 20m as well and doesn't trigger.
    But yeah to get a hit in i stand at 19m, since unda goes on recast no matter if a mob got hit or not.