Coercer - Maximizing DPS (Range/Melee): Unda's & Blinding Shock

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Apathy, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Chillispike Active Member

yeah i meaned time warp sorry, mixed up the 2 spell names.
  2. Awesomo New Member

http://www.eq2flames.com/attachment...6654-chains-eternity-parse-thread-grethah.jpg

Let's see the wands that do over 2 million. Very small difference in damage right? There are more on Flames from 6 months ago that are around that mark or higher. There is no comparison between the 2!!!!!! Reread my last post.

I will add one more piece of advice for Coercers. Change the damage type of your 2 handed weapon. It increases how hard it hits! (Poison works well in heavily scout based raid)
  3. Illflow New Member

Sure, lets take a parse from a bad fight and that is not even your parse to validate a point. Can a melee hit harder than the wand? Of course! Its still a crap way to build an enchanter. Mimic/Blinding/Shockwave and Unda more than make up for the little bit you lose from 1.3 vs 1.0 wand. IMO melee enchanters are crap to a true melee class.
  4. heebu Member

[IMG]
    magic=melee
    divine=wand
    i can fight 65 second per 90 second (script)
    GRP: MNK DRG RNG CRC DFL TMP
  5. Illflow New Member

[IMG]
    100% ranged parse, wish I would have been jousting from 9-19 meters for Unda. Its pretty sad on this one.
    Group - Guard, Dirge, Coercer, Ranger, Mystic, Warden
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

confused, where is your auto even (ranged or melee). it shouldn't do alot of damage, but it should still atleast be there, somewhere. unless it's the "zap" thing
  7. Rondo9 Active Member

Yes zap dmg, think you'll find hsi using http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/4087638422
  8. Rondo9 Active Member

I would like to know what your DC is at?
  9. Illflow New Member

While I am using "magic" dmg it a converted ranged weapon not the voidstaff or any two/one hander for that matter. DC is at 60ish
  10. Ranga Active Member

Without looking at your toon (and your name is blanked out) It is difficult to analyse why some of your spells/ca's are so high on a named fight.

Also your mix of leg/fab/myth crits seem quite high, about 5-12% higher than mine. What is your cc at?
  11. Rondo9 Active Member

AH, Gear Maybe?
  12. Rondo9 Active Member

60's self buffed? or is that what you hit max in combat?
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

his spells aren't hitting that high from what I have seen around. they seem pretty average to say. being ranged you probably priority to DC over flurry, so that is another good reason.

but really yea. the difference in melee and ranged is so marginal. I figure people would be picking ranged and higher Urda instead of melee and lesser Urda.
  14. Ranga Active Member

I doubt these numbers are average. After your post I looked at the top WW coercers and there is very little difference in gear except they all have way more uplifting/amplifying proc type gear but the parse above is about 5 times mine. I can accept some leeway in terms of skill, of course there will be but not 5X. I don't think I'm that much of a slouch, I can burst DPS at about 25m for the first part of an AOE fight but as we all know coercers can't maintain that. I have always been top'ish T2 amongst the guilds I have raided in and the old rule of thumb for a coercer asking how their DPS compared was 'you should be around 6th/7th in a well balanced raid. So I guess the gear that uplifts/amplifies group stats is king.

Currently RW I am around 5-7m but of course, we always want to improve.
  15. Illflow New Member

This was the reason I posted one of my parses, its nothing special, its RC after all. I wanted to point out that ranged (even when not jousting for max Unda) can still give enchanters good numbers.
    Ucala likes this.
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

I bet you anything they are average numbers, when warlocks are hitting 70-100 mil parses, 30 is the least a chanter should be doing.

Part of me wants to come back and raid again just to prove it right. but I don't care that much
  17. heebu Member

[IMG]

100% melee parse, MNK CRC DRG RNG DFL INQ
    Join us WLK please.
  18. Rondo9 Active Member

How do you do this?

Image broken

[IMG]
    Group was: Monk/Dirge/Sin/Coercer/Mystic/Temp. Using Wand and about 6-7m
  19. Worm New Member

mmmkay, so I did a lot of research ive been doing a lot of the Joust technique because that's how I learned to play, but I was looking at one of my WTBL hero's and he had 158 Double cast and looking at his reforging it looked intentional, his Unda does Massive damage. I know SDC "Effect" itself Hardcaps at 100% but does the Overcap Increase Unda's Damage multiplier? and remove the need for the Range Multiplier?
  20. Skiasss Member

Yes extra DC works for unda BUT you should still joust cause MOAR damage