Coercer - Maximizing DPS (Range/Melee): Unda's & Blinding Shock

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Apathy, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Chillispike Active Member

@Ucala: What is Urda? It's still Unda ;)

I specced for CB, POT, WDB and Link without Unda.
    Atm i also use the WDB neck which boosts me up to 160 wdb in fight.
    I have a spare POT/CB Neck as well, but considering that 2 group members need be within 5m range it's not allways possible to gain that bonus when you stand at 9m range.
    So i may try that POT/CB Neck again and just fight in 5m range, in theory it should should get me higher as well. Downside is i can't check the difference on a dummy .. unless i ask 2 to stand near me and cancel there buffs haha
  2. Rondo9 Active Member

Going all out potency and using Unda for me is far superior then any kinda of melee spec I have tried, yes I still melee because its a no brainer. When in raid and your Proc'ing up to 2k+ potency **** starts to hit hard and makes your auto attack look like its not worth even turning on. Unless its a heavy AE fight then your auto attack might be in the top 5 parsers but shouldn't out do Minic or VC. Considering this expac isnt AE heavy on name fights because really that's where it matters the most and not trash parse's then I would recommend any coercer should go potency and as much as they can.
  3. Pyde New Member

Can you show parse? I want to see this.
  4. Takky New Member

so after reading all of the thread im still confused lol

to sum it up once and for all: melee or ranged (and spec for full caster stats)???
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

it will be your playstyle. There is no one (or should be no one) that doubts melee does more damage than range. That is 100% true and has always been true. But range is much more flexible and will help your Urda (although you have to joust in for shock wave and blinding shock). where in melee I guess most just stand at 9m and accept the lower Urda, it would require no jousting at all unless the name you are fighting makes you joust of course.

the differences you are talking is pretty small though. past few expacs that I played I always just did range. the less than 100k dps boost from melee just wasn't worth the hassle imo.
  6. Chillispike Active Member

Yes it depents on your playstyle, but if you wanna "change" from ranged to melee you may consider the following stat wise:
    (yes that are not all stats, just tryed to write the kinda main ones)

If you go ranged and for Unda stats should be
    - over 100 casting to more the better for double cast
    - at least 90 reuse (if you have your epic) - the 10% from Sirens Gift don't show in the UI ;)
    - Recovery speed up to 100 can be usefull, if you allways queue the next spell in the casting order
    - 200 haste since it works for your ranged autoattack as well and it will "boost" the trigger change even you don't see it on the items
    - dps and multiattack are minor then
    - in Addition go for double cast belt and cloak

If you go melee:
    - 100 casting
    - at least 90 reuse (if you have your epic) - the 10% from Sirens Gift don't show in the UI ;)
    - Recovery speed up to 100 can be usefull, if you allways queue the next spell in the casting order
    - over 200 haste since it works for your ranged autoattack as well and it will "boost" the trigger change even you don't see it on the items and you get flurry chance out of it
    - dps 600+
    - multiattack at least 120 up to 200 is fine
    - in addition go for flurry belt and cloak and "some" WDB gear like 3 pieces

in that case you can actually tell a difference

Double cast and melee wouldn't make "much" sence tbh and i really need to find a spot where i can upload images for parses.
  7. Takky New Member

8. Chillispike Active Member

as posted before i went full melee and ignored Unda, instead i went for pot, cb, wdb in prestige.
    My Coercer

The other 4 pieces should have pot/cb .. like 1 or 2 with reuse/abmod and the others with casting speed, just reforge the casting to reuse till you have between 90 and 100 reuse speed.
    As far as i saw the conversation rate from casting to reuse is higher then from reuse to casting speed.

Casting speed for DC Unda? 100% casting and 5% DC from AA if you really wanna go melee
    A key part of melee is still Flurry/DPS/Multiattack .. well at least for me haha

Yes those caps are still right.
  9. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Imgur
  10. Chillispike Active Member

defo ain't a decent parse but a start :)
    [IMG]
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

^ where the heck is mimic? or did they change it
  12. Canth Active Member

They haven't changed mimic. I can't find my Grevog parse from last week, but mimic is top of every parse.

What is zap though?
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

It should be, mimic should easily be top of every parse.

Also, only 4 hits of blinding shock?
  14. Chillispike Active Member

Zap is from my 2h mythical that deals Magic damage
    I did binding shock only 4 times because i was boxing my channeler as support in the raid as well and i avoided nasty spikes
    i do have minic and i normaly use it but on that one i avoided it because i didn't wanted to spike to high.
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

tisk tisk, you letting me down
  16. Chillispike Active Member

a little better parse and i really need to time my Link better :)
    [IMG]
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

I logged on for the first time in idk how many months, just messed around with training dummies mostly.
    not we aren't looking at my overall dps (cause my toon is in all last expac gear).
    I did quite a few parses of each but they all came out to basically the same, little variance.
    I have the zlan 2h, and the zlan ranged item. so I figure they are on equal terms as power goes. same tier, same name even.

my melee parses looked like this. now I am an illy, not a coercer. but we aren't looking at all my illy spells.
    just notice the average damage hits on Urda mostly, can also look at average wand/melee damage hits.
    [IMG]

my wand parse, naturally longer esp since I can't really use one of my illy spells since it procs off of combat hits.
    but my average hits on Urda are nearly 2 mil larger. while my average hits on wand are almost no variance to that of melee.
    [IMG]

it's why I say going wand/ranged for a bigger Urda is far better, but will require more jousting for shockwave and blinding shock.
    like I said, I couldn't even use one of my good moves on my dummy since it procs of combat hits which would require me to either melee or hit it is one of my 2 CA's. which is why I did less damage solo. I do have a 2.5 mil wand dummy parse as well, but I was just looking at weapon/Urda averages.

also was able to tag along in the daily. idk how I didn't die with only 75k resists on this boss. but /shrugs
    this is wand btw, and this doesn't include the webs at the first phase of the fight
    [IMG]
  18. Chillispike Active Member

Nice parses for a illu :) I defo agree go ranged as illu!
    But the thing is a illu defo needs DC, since nearly all the spells gain from it. If you time Time compression with a precasted Piece of Mind/Rampage .. of course unda will do more damage, but man other spells as well.
    Coercers don't have those buffs and don't gain much from DC still.
    Still would like to see a coercer parse with DC in compare :)
  19. Tyman Active Member

Not my parse so I blocked the name, but this was from last week. I think wand.

[IMG]
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

lol idk about nice. like I said this is me in last expac gear, if I had this expac gear, who knows.

also TC is a passive buff, not a temp spell, so you don't have to time TC with anything, it's always on whoever (except for yourself).
    I did have it on my pet since I was by myself, but that is rather moot
    I figure you mean TW (time warp). and I do agree that it will make my Urda higher vs a coercer, but that shouldn't matter very much, I did TW in both melee and range parses :p