Coercer in Velious

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-Myex, Oct 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Myex Guest

Sorry if this was already answered/complained about/etc in a separate thread. Searched but didn't find it. I've really enjoyed leveling my coercer over time to 90. Tried every other class, but the coercer was always the most fun because of the charm capability. It's just fun to make mobs wail on each other.
    Then I got to Velious.
    The Eastern Wastes ate my lunch when I tried charming (expert version of the spell). Sure charm worked, and then the possessed mobs got ripped in no time at all by an equivalent critter. I had a bit more luck in the Icy Fingers section of the Great Divide, but even then I had to be very quick to mez extras and then unload on the beastie that my pet was attacking. While not quite hazardous to my health, I most definitely had to be paying attention.
    And my wife has noticed that I have developed a nervous tic...
    Simply rooting and then blasting (in a coercive way) still works reasonably well, but I feel like I am little better than a version of a wizard now. This is so dramatically different from the other levels I have to wonder what happened???
  2. ARCHIVED-wayfaerer Guest

Can you not kill mobs before your medusa gaze/stupefy wears off? If you are sending a PE in to a mob with Hostage and Spell Curse on them while you nuke them with Dmind procs then you should be blowing solo mobs apart before they can swing twice.
  3. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Myex wrote:
    Forget charmed mobs , I use those only as a form of crowd control nowadays , they are weak , use Possess Essence instead , it can take more hits.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Target your mob .. Mez>Hostage>Spell Curse>Destructive Mnd>Mind Bend>/Pet Attack>Psyic Trama>Loot .. Profit ..