Coercer (I guess Illy too!) to Chronisiphon or not to Chronosiphon?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Rythen, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Rythen New Member

Hello Coercer community! I have recently come back to the game and have found some great information here on these forums by some very knowledgeable people. One topic that I do not see and I also do not see this when I look at AA builds of coercers...

Is it worth putting points into the Chronosiphoning AA in the Enchanter tree? I have 10 in it right now. I know it doesn't do much to the mob, but the increase in casting speed for me is why I specced that way.

What do you think? And thank you in advance for any replies!
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

No matter, but important perpetuality (Requires 22 points in agility line. With each spell cast in successioon, the enchanter will gain additional casting speed of caster up to 42.0% for a shot duration)
    It seems to me that allotment from DB can be trusted, for Alternate Advancement experience = 186:

(server) basis leveling profile - pvp
    Chronosiphoning = 10/10
    Chronomotion = 10/10
    Chronology = 2/10
    Perpetuality = y

(server) basis leveling profile - group
    Chronosiphoning = 8/10
    Chronomotion = 4/10
    Chronology = 10/10
    Perpetuality = y

(server) basis leveling profile - solo
    Chronosiphoning = 4/10
    Chronomotion = 8/10
    Chronology = 10/10
    Perpetuality = y
  3. morderir Active Member

well its depend :) what is your casting speed now ?
    if you are at low level yes it is useful and doing the full line is a good option as Ra'Gruzgob is saying..
    but if you are already in chaos descending your casting speed should be of several hundred and your recovery speed should be capped . which leave the only the debuf portion of Chronosiphoning. of which i find difficult to quantify the real impact. (advice welcomed)
  4. Ragna Well-Known Member

At lower level, this is a "must have". Not so much at higher level when you have a ton of Casting Speed on gears.
    Basically, keep it as long as you still need the boost in Casting Speed.
  5. Rythen New Member

My casting speed is 964% right now.
  6. Gregore Active Member

Ignore that tree. You do not see the AGI tree. Back away and move along now. Nothing to see here. LOL
  7. Rythen New Member

Now that they have done away with spell doublecast and we are lowering our casting speed to 100 instead of the big, inflated numbers from before... what about chronosiphoning now?
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Don't bother on live with an additional casting speed (chronosiphoning) . It is not getting converted to any double cast (ability or spell). It's not going to help with any dps.
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

Although to be fair, it should to bring balance between scouts and mages. Just my 2 cents though.