Coercer Help Needed

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-Rogglin, Jul 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Rogglin Guest

Hello
    Where I am now - Currently at lvl 22 with 37 AA.
    Permafrost Server, Erudite, starting city of Neriak
    1. An old post adviced "don't solo, get group experience": I agree - but can't find any groups, seldom see anyone, so am I sort of toast coming into the game so late (on learning)?
    2. I am lvling using both a charmed mob, & the SK merc from Neriak - am I really messing myself up by doing that? I hope I am learning. Thought maybe would simulate a group since none to be found.
    3. Mana Flow - read the description, have used it but don't notice anything different when I use it. Can someone break it down for the dummy here? *sigh*
    4. Finally - be honest with me, I want it straight... Is the Coercer a viable class that is still needed? (raiding articles seem to up-play illusionist but marginalize Coercers as not being as important/critical anymore. nerfed maybe??)
    If I'm wasting my time I can betray and change I think to the illusionist if more viable to others.

Sorry for the long post, hoping this part of forum is still alive. One reply I read was at least a year from the original post/question! LOL. Thanks for looking and best regards.

Edit: Adjusted levels to reflect current. Removed/Modified couple of questions.
  2. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

Rogglin wrote:
    Coercer is not the class I personally would choose to level slowly, exploring the content with, but then again I find I am too impatient to solo effectively with the Coercer. I have seen people who can do amazing things soloing with a coercer, it does take a lot of practice and a lot of patience though.
    If you want to play in this manner, I would suggest not using the merc and just using a charm pet. You will need to be a master of your pet, your mezes, and your other control effects if you choose that particular play style.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rogglin Guest

Thank you very much for your reply... I have found your advice very helpful and appreciate you taking the time.
    Following your advice I have been using charmed mobs alot! However sometimes when I just want to farm some AA's, are have protection for harvesting, I'll break out the SK which seems like easy mode.
    And talking about a paradox that is perplexing... I watched a Melee that was 5 levels higher than me get ate for lunch by a group of mobs I had been soloing without effort (ok slow maybe, but not much effort).
    I have found the class to be a challenge, but I find myself doing the same content where other players I have seen are all higher levels.. so the class has better survivability than I ever suspected was possible.
    I still wish I could sit down with a few of you vets and learn the trade secrets!
    Such as
    "how to setup your hotbars"
    "What spells to drop (and when)"
    "What spells rotations to use"
    "How to work in a group"... *sigh*.
    Somehow are another I have stumbled upon good soloing tactics, but I'm sure there is a 'better way'! Thanks for reading and replying.