Coercer essential spells and cast order?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Rizzo, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Rizzo Member

Can anyone she’d some light on the essentials for us Coercers? Just came back to the game and am leveling up a Coercer (Fateful) on Skyfire. What should the cast order generally be? What dps/buff skills are prioritized? What skills will I never use? thank you for any input.
  2. Gregore Active Member

Well, I'm assuming you went Etherealist, cause that's really the only way to go for a Coercer IMHO. Get your Peaceful Link and Signet of Intellect buffs leveled up as high as you can, as they are uber great. Going from Ancient to Celestial on my Peaceful Link added 200K more damage to the damage proc that goes off every 4 to 6 sec. I almost always have 4 links out in raid, so that was a monster upgrade for me. Signet of intellect affects my whole group, and is really nice leveled up as well. I currently have mine at ancient. Saying this, I still wouldn't upgrade Coercer spells to Celestial at the cost of not upgrading your ascensions to Celestial. I just happened to get a really good deal on a celestial peaceful link, or it would still be at ancient.
    I have a good 15 sec worth of pre-pull temps I cast, lead off with the 50 fervor/overcap spell, mimic my main tank group Sin, hit my 3 biggest ascensions, manaward the tank, Ethermancy & etherflash to buff the group's DPS, Implosion, Eth. ***., rest of ascension nukes, Feedback loop, spam my fast casting spells macro until Feedback Loop expires, Ethereal Gift followed by my 2nd mimic, debuffs, fillers until ascensions come back up. Also keep your epic 2.0 pet buff on cool down. This pet buff will make your pet 20% of your parse at ancient level. Shockwave is also a good one to hit a lot, with the 50% chance to reset it with insta-cast Stupefy.
    Rizzo and Dilon like this.