Coercer DPS Help in PoM

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Alarra, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Rubick Well-Known Member

I'd love to see parses to the contrary. Or guild only has one fiercer and his parses leave much to be desired. He's always been behind pretty much everybody else but this expansion it has been laughable.
  2. Vulnere Active Member

If eq2i were up, you could look at my Illy and proclaim why I only do maybe 200 million dps
    on average, despite being maxed out and decked out like a Christmas tree. Now one thing
    that im missing is that my doublecast is only 116%, and my fervor is like 48%. but I currently
    have no easy way to increase those numbers... and I'm not willing to give up health, to gain
    another 21% doublecast with white adorns. All my characters being so wimpy when it comes
    to DPS makes me hardly want to play. Of course I've optimized for health.. and play too
    many alts, to truly 100% maximize any of them I suppose.
  3. Rubick Well-Known Member

Stupid phone. Our* guild only has one coercer*.
  4. Rubick Well-Known Member

The fervor is a huge problem. Find a Heartbound friend or get a second account and pay for its sub with krono. Also, giving up max health for doublecast is absolutely worth it. The only time I ever die is due to a one shot mechanic and I wear cloth and have 0 max health white adorns. Optimizing for health this expansion isn't optimal. Pun intended. If you sent a tell to Cloudiest on Maj'Dul he's helpful and good with illy mechanics and would probably be willing to go over stuff. Tell him Mag sent you!
    Vulnere likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

That depends on what kind of content you're doing.. and if you're always running with a warding healer ;)
    I agree max health over everything isn't optimal for any class, but completely ignoring health on a squishy means running with warders all the time or getting 1-shot by some of the AoEs... even in heroics if your healer doesn't have wards.
  6. Vulnere Active Member

We usually raid without a warder.
    We usually do heroics without a warder.
    I think at one time, there was only one warder in the guild and he was on vacation to Europe for months it seemed.

I think that 80% of our healers wear leather.. even a templar/inquisitor is very rare.

So people fall over dead all the time, with even 30k or 40k health.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I so heal T2 heroics w/o deaths for people with 30m health... for raids, that would mean death, yes, but for heroics, even t2, massive health isn't required.
  8. Vulnere Active Member

I see it happen weekly in raids,
    In heroics, if we have a new tank learning the ropes and only one leather
    healer, and people don't have many white adorns.. there is a lot of death.

you don't always get the perfect group composition. In fact, seldom do.
  9. Rubick Well-Known Member

I have done all heroics without a warder and cleared through all of T1 and about half of T2 raids so far without having a warder in each group. If you are relying on white adorns for max hp then your spec isn't right, your gear isn't plat infused, or something else has gone wrong. I have 53 or 54m up as a wizard worth 2 pieces of raid gear and 0 white up adorns. They aren't necessary.
    Snikkety likes this.
  10. Vulnere Active Member

Most people are under-geared compared to you.. a lot of new raiders have mastercrafted
    gear and no adorns at all. I group with people with less than 4 million health. I was amazed
    recently, when I helped a guiildie with one of her last epic 2.p updates.. she had not
    quite 3 million health.

I myself have to rely upon white adorns at present, to break 50 million health,so
    I can survive a spike, before healing comes my way..otherwise I'd die constantly.

I know that leather healers are "sensitive" and always go on about how they
    can solo heal.. I understand.. I played them 8 years ago.. they were great
    at that time.

But I think that nearly anyone would agree nowdays, that healing is all messed up,
    and it's much more difficult to solo heal with only leahter healers and newer players.
    Not impossible.. maybe not even difficult with a proper tank and a good group with
    decent gear.

No offense intended.. and no desire to argue.

But reality is reality.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Make sure they have enhanced vigor.. first bubble on the left, 2nd prestige page. There shouldn't be any way to be less then 10m... probably 15m in mastercrafted if they're specced for Enhanced Vigor...

*laugh* I'm not sensitive. And I can only heal a group that is geared enough to survive TO be healed.
  12. Vulnere Active Member

Glad we agree.
  13. Rubick Well-Known Member

Yeah fair enough. I did all that with high level players in good gear and have only run 2 pick up groups this expansion so it may be skewing my perspective from the majority.
    Vulnere likes this.
  14. Alarra Well-Known Member

I haven't played much with the pet, I usually have it down when pulling trash as it tends to put me into combat mode when we do a train. I usually pull it up for named fights. I don't notice too much of a dps boost from it even with the epic buff. Will have to check on a dummy later.

I found one issue, I had reforged the Ascension tomes Doublecast as at the time in KA I was at cap.
    So that being rectified I now have a few more % in doublecast (closing in on 150% I think, not able to look it up).

Currently hitting 700m-900m on a non-burst/tank and spank named fights.

Hit 4 bill on a burst fight, but I don't really count those as it is mostly AoE Ascension damage/Mimic damage.
  15. Steelviper Active Member

I've got a Coercer in semi-heroic KA gear on second account, yes his pet is laughable in terms of dps, it's on Master tier right now. It's laughable in terms of survival - unless I possess it off my healing merc, then at least it can heal itself up when close to death. Even normal, non-epic 2.0 pets on Necromancer are lot and lot more sturdy, and do lot and lot more dps than Coercer's Possess Essence. Even if I possess it off a Wizard or Scout mobs. Coercer pets gets absolutely no similar pet buff like Summoners do - tank / offensive ones, unless I missed something, and Coercer can't heal them either.
    More of a liability to keep the pet alive, than to get one imo.

And I'm not even mentioning the charmed mobs. That one is a disaster.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Without epic 2.0, the coercer pet isn't really worth bothering with. It does a meaningless amount of dps and dies constantly.