Coercer: Double mana flow

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Gabriel, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

All the coercers got out of the coercer cycle before it was too late :p except for Froggleg :p

while I agree they built raids around the fact coercers could do such things (PoW in it's prime day was an easy example of that).
    still doesn't change the fact that most guilds probably are not getting the full benefits of powerfeeding anyway :p
    However I don't feel it should be changed back, since it clearly was a bug, a bug that everyone (including devs) just accepted.
    it's similar to when they capped manaflow anyway (they also had to reconsider alot of the power fights after that as well)
  2. Jokirr Member

but granted 40% was still more than enough to deal with the drains, and but its the fact that everyone and the devs accepted the bug that it should be allowed to stay, but i guess itll take time to see the full range this change has made to the game.
  3. Asurea Member

I took it a bit too personally, yeah. Sorry for the acidic response.

I went ahead and laid out a few suggestions for going forward (and it's a freaking wall, I'll admit). It's in another thread. Went a little outside the bounds of just power issues, but I think my proposals for power handling would be fairly easy to implement if they're appropriate.
  4. GIndotto Well-Known Member

On power intensive fights the coercers become well tuned to flow 2 groups, it's part of the class (er....was part of the class?). Does every raid have this cohesion between the coercers? Of course not. But when you're talking intensive drain fights dbl flows were a key to winning and it happened on the regular in any raid force worth a damn. Take into account the Flowing Invigoration proc for CB and health, any coercer in these types of raids was flowing two groups even if the group didn't need power or the fight lacked any drain! Most casual raids or players that ran heroics only would fail at both of these and so I can see erroneous conclusions being made about it.

You're in good hands with Ssaerasha, I'll hop over and read the thread! :) Hopefully the class can be looked at, it's sad to see how crazy the Illy can parse and now the 2 group bug is gone the coercer gets farther behind :( Sometimes in the mage group healing (yes the inq gets stuck there at times) my only saving grace was that distant G4 dbl flow to proc my ear!

RIP
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

seems the boss fights were killed today (by Revelations) so the power drain can't be that bad, atleast not game breaking

Edit:
    also friend said he could still manaflow 2 groups just fine
  6. Asurea Member

There was some talk about a nerf to Kland and a couple others. I've not been able to get 2-group flow to work, personally, since the patch. I would love to know who your friend is and find out how he's doing it.

....And after double-checking, he's been nerfed twice in as many days, with both of his power drains being nerfed. So there is some balance being done, which is good.
  7. Daray Well-Known Member

The only change that went in on Klandicar (on Tuesday) was adding a second to the tick interval of Cognitive Evisceration and Chaos Clouds. Cognitive Evisceration does have a power drain component (not huge, works out to about 7-10k per person per 4s). Chaos Cloud does not have a power drain component.

The patch that goes in tomorrow talks about lowering the damage on Cognitive Evisceration slightly. Whether that includes the power drain component is anyone's guess.
  8. Ranga Active Member

I haven't been able to log on for a week, I can't find anything in the update notes about this I'll fo look again but if anyone has the link i'd be grateful
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

10. GrouchyMouse Active Member

I so wish they would change the 30 second timer. It's such an eternal wait for it to come back up. If not, then at least be affected by reuse reductions.
    Anjel likes this.
  11. Niklaus New Member

This is just BS i raid alot and i am going nuts trying to feed the raid with the new mobs one hit drop the hole raid to 0% mana in one hit
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

are you the only coercer in the raid?
    I raid on my illy (clearing ToV) and it's quite easy for even myself to keep my own groups power up, maybe a manaflow from a coercer once in a blue moon
  13. m4v3r Member

I'm a little late on this but I just noticed it, haven't been playing my coercer for quite some time now.
    But I need to say, really don't get why these guys always "fix" stuff that needs no fixing.
    There is so much broken stuff in the game, really broken, that has been in for so long and they know, but always "fix" the things that are not broken.
    I'm sorry but if the Dev team and the players "work around" and "balance around" this "bug" for years then hell it sure is no bug.
    There are bugs, a lot of them. Those need fixing but I just can picture it, how the devs are sitting over a list with a whole bunch of problems that need to be adressed quickly... and then at some point, someone has to be like "oh just let's forget all this and do something totally out of the blue that noone wants or needs and that gives us rebalancing work for the next years."
    It's just not bearable anymore the decisions you make, sorry but this is stupid and a bad idea.
    I'm just glad they haven't done something as gamebreaking as this to my current class (yet).
    But knowing SOE for over seven years now, I say it's just a matter of time.