Coercer build

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Gator, May 25, 2017.

1. Gator New Member

I have a fairly new 100 coercer and working on KA quest line and trying to get a better build for more endgame content. Anyone have a decent AA setup?
    Thanks for your help.
  2. Alarra Well-Known Member

These are my specs.
    The PG one is apt to change as I try new things with it. I wouldn't use it for normal grouping.
    The Solo one is well good for solo'ing. I do ToT heroics/Advanced solo's with it.
    The EV Spec/Experiment on is what I generally use for raiding and grouping. It has the most dps out of the 3 specs for LIVE content.

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/450972114911

I can hit some fairly high numbers.
    But that is dependent on spell rotation and how you work with people and that will come from practice. Basically Prebuff, Debuff, Temp, Mimic, AoE, Reactives, Puppets, Dots, and Direct Damage. Add utility spells as needed.
    Read the spells to tell which does which. If you find a better combination, let me know.

One pro tip, get a rising tide charm. When you have enough resolve, if you can't get the good one, even a crappy Rising Tide charm is a must /wink.
    firecracker likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

One other big thing I'd add.. get to 20m and hit unda early and often.
  4. Shakacon Member

Hi, I have been looking everywhere for something in-depth on coercers, but most detailed posts about playing them are years and expansions out of date. I have been working on my coercer to get her Expert zone and raid ready as I try to understand her better and learn how to play her. So many changes have occurred with all classes with this xpac, including coercers who used to be more melee-based.

I would welcome any guidance you can give here on coercers. Most of my time has been spent raid healing on my defiler and dpsing in groups on my conjy. My coercer is the utility class that I would love to learn to play well as I prepare for the upcoming expansion this fall where utility will have a much needed role. I welcome any advice that you may have.

For example, do you joust your coercer to maximize dps (out at 18 meters for Unda and within 10 meters for Blinding Shock and Shockwave)? If so, how do you minimize the time lost casting while jousting?

What is the quickest way to powerfeed a group and/or raid?

What is the best way to keep your group at full power all of the time?

Is it worth doing the crafting questline to get the crafting cloak or should I spend my time getting Ethereal coins to get the Coercer class rune plus cloak?

If you could only cast five coercer spells for damage in each fight, what would they be?

Do you precast Concussive Blast on yourself for all fights?

Do you ever cast Mimic on yourself?

When do you normally cast Mimic or do you cast it everytime it's up?

How do you quickly target mobs you want to mez or charm? Or are coercers even expected to do this anymore?

Lastly, if I wanted to friend another coercer on Maj'Dul, like Nimlis aka Mermut, then how would I do that? I tried the conventional way and I kept getting an error so I must be doing some wrong.

I apologize for all of the questions, but when I focus on a playing a class, I like to do it as well as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dopelganger on Skyfire (my baby coercer)
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  5. Gregore Active Member

You can look up my three different AA specs on EQ2U. My toon is Gregore on HOF server. He's been my raid main since SF XPAC. I"ve parsed up to 7.5 BIL DPS in raids/experts lately. I do have all of my etherealist spells at grandmaster level though, and well over 33K POT ATM. Epic weapon spells are ancient level for the pet buff=20% of my parse, and GM for the fervor buff (damn you PQ RNG!).
    Spec 2-10-10-1 down the STR tree to get your melee range out to 10M. I just stand at 9 or 10M and melee/cast unda. All that running in and out crap is ridiculous! At the start of boss fights I like to cast rising tide (got the good 100% one!), and prebuff POT, hitting mimicry, spellbind, levinbolt, cascading force, & etherflash to finish it off. I'm in the billions at this point! If it's a long fight, I like to mimic our raid beastlord for the remainder of the fight. I have tell macros set up between him and the rest of the chantes in my raid force so we can all be on the same sheet of music and all mimic him together when he hits his big chain.
    I only use charm on a few scripted raid fights. For experts, I use the group mez if we get too many mobs on a big pull to slow down the mob's DPS until we can kill some.
    For power regen, mana flow is your friend. You also have a couple of group wide power feed spells up all the time like breeze. Usually that's plenty of power feed.
    At work, so can't answer the five best spells question. I would chose my five best etherealist spells if I could. If I had to exclude ascensions, then I would need to see my hotbar to tell you five best. Physcic trauma is one, STR tree end ability is another. The debuff that does damage would be a third.
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Screen shot of your parse in experts (7.5 bil) or it didn't happen.
  7. Chillispike Active Member

I stand at 19m and joust in with etherflash or blinding shock. since both have a longer recast then unda. Sometimes i even skip jousting in for that, at 20k pot+ it doesn't make a bigg difference

Channel for your group as backup, manaflow for your group and other groups.
    Use Ether Balance and Cannibalize thoughts for you own group as well, when manaflow is down or when you need to get your power up to cast ist.
    With Vigor you need 15% power to cast manaflow, without only 5% so have it ready to chancel it if needed.

1. Ether Balance
    2. mana flow
    3. cannibalize thoughts
    4. channel

The crafting cloak isn't bad, the etheral one is a bit better but sadly channel has 7min30 recast and only 8seconds duration

1. brain shock (never misses)
    2. hostage
    3. asylum
    4. obltered psyche
    5. blind shock

yes and when ever it's up, macroed to myself so casting it even when current target is to far ;)

normaly not, even it works .. but it doesn't copy unda
    in group and raid i try to use it on a high dps with mana ward precast on the dps

Depents on the situation. catching a big chain of a wizzi or a beastlord that is useing all Primals is more use.
    Best is to tell em to send you a tell when they start a big chain and copy that.

i target with
    /togglethreatlistwindow
    only place that actually needs it is spire raid

search for them on u.eq2wire.com if they allowed the sharing of data you can find em there

I hope i could answer some of your questions
  8. Gregore Active Member

I'll get some parses posted fro you hatin' non-believers soon. Got a 39 billion etherflash in raid last night alone! Not very good with ACT, but will get something together soon. Almost 35K POT now, and over 27BIL HP.
  9. Yashi New Member

27 Billion HP huh?
    Kraeref likes this.
  10. Alavarious New Member

11. Alavarious New Member

Please no t1-t3 fight parses though even healers can hit that high on easy fights
  12. Gregore Active Member

Lets see some of your parses mister "I hide my spec"!
  13. Gregore Active Member

Yep. I'll take all the HP I can get for T4 fights. You can't parse while humping the ground.
  14. Gregore Active Member

I've been told that I can't link any parses for fear that Coercers will be nerfed. That is all. You may now continue trolling!
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

Gregore is a legit good coercer, I'll vouch for him there. Of course his 7 Bill parse is on a 30ish second fight, because that is where everyone's 7 billion parse is resting these days.

You need to be nerfed Gregore! lol

But seriously, if you are looking for coercer pointers, you could certainly do worse than asking Gregore. He's legit one of the nicer guys that plays this game, and he's pretty damn good at playing that coercer. Just don't ask him for pointers on how to play a healer.
  16. Vogie Active Member

I don't understand why people are in disbelief that there are parses that high even in heroics. With fervor procs, mimic and Ascensions you can put out ridiculous numbers well within 20 seconds. I haven't played with Gregore for a while but when I did he was parsing very well I'm not finding it hard to believe he can hit those numbers at all.

I wouldn't be worried about getting nerfed either lol anyone that can read an ACT parse knows where the damage comes from . . .
  17. Kioske Well-Known Member

Shhhh Devs don't play this game anymore, so they have no ACT logs to read. They depend on people posting parses in the forums to swing the nerf hammer!
  18. Revanu Well-Known Member

most dmg comes from ascension and zone exploits right?
  19. zionmount New Member

20. zionmount New Member

tips
    yes , joust for your unda .
    you can move while you are casting savage mind , puppets , etherbalance ,or even blinding shocks.

mimic beastlord , soercer or assassin, they are best target to .

it is very important to mimic your target precisely on the nukes.
    if you are not having these target in the group just mimic yourself when you are about to cast cascading force.
    instead of mimic a terrible target.
    consider yourself a decent target to mimic on cascading force , certainly gets 9 billion extra dmg . and also the Etherflash, Implosion, you will get decent extra dmg with it.
    Ethershadow wont mimic.

Level up your savage mind to Ancient as soon as you can.
    Pre-cast your savage mind before the fight starts.
    charm a pet then cast Possess Essence so now you get 2 pets , your damage of savage mind is doubled.

Etherbalance restores tons of mana than it looked , its like 30% of the pool every cast.
    rotate it with your manaflow you will be very fine.

the Coercer rune = selfish dps rune.

i go full left prestige just for some extra pots ,so i can go selfish dps
    mind control works like a shrug
    and manaward IS A BUG .

i think to post the parse is fine , since coercer is dead enough on dps and beneficial buffs.
    we dont really have to worry about.. oh wait no ..
    santargria likes this.