Coercer - Ascension, Geomancer or Etherealist?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Alarra, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Alarra Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be trying out a fully melee specced Coercer soon just to test if there is a difference.
    Has anyone tried using Geo? I notice that a lot of abilities are tied to "combat arts" which would only really work with our 3 AA combat arts I'm guessing or does anyone have any knowledge that they proc from spells as well?

Currently I am set to Etherealist and have a number of spells leveled up.
    However, since this expac seems to be more focused to melee, was wandering if anyone has any experience with it.

My Character for reference:
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/450972114911

Any other feedback would be appreciated. My normal AA spec is the one labeled EV_Spec.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. Gregore Active Member

Alarra:

Stay Etherialist. Go ahead and spec out for melee though. Chanters are getting good melee numbers this XPAC. Betraying to Illy will help you tremendously as well. Coercers are a dead class! I'm glad I finally betrayed. There's no way in hell I'll ever go back to Coercer again unless they get a MAJOR upgrade by the DEVs, which will probably never happen.
  3. Svenone Well-Known Member

Geomancy is almost never the correct answer. On the other hand, Ethermancy is almost always the correct answer.

As far as Gregore's comments about coercers, I flip a virtual bird at them! But understand that I also like Bruisers, Dirges, Inquisitors, and Furies, so there is that. Before anybody goes crazy defending one of the classes mentioned in this post, this is just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. I am not one to betray just because the sister class may be currently in favor.
    Semperfifofum and Argosunited like this.
  4. Alarra Well-Known Member

After switching to melee I haven't really noticed a major difference in damage. Maybe I am missing something. Mind you I have only done that raid in Ssseaza and it was our first time. So not a real test.
    Parsed around 3 billion. Which I guess is still in the sucky area for dps wise.
    Will continue to work on it.
    Not going to betray to illy, Gregore, if I wanted to do something else I would make my Assassin alt my main one ^_~.

So far 2 people say Geo is not the right direction.
  5. Stifle New Member

He is correct, go melee spec, but make sure to use a crossbow and set to forced ranged. bumping up your weapon damage bonus helps a lot too. That is something that has helped keep my coercer in the top 5-8 on the parse in raids.
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

Does WDB affect crossbows? As it doesn't affect Wands.
  7. Laita Well-Known Member

Yes, it just doesn't affect "spell weapons" … get lots of ammo ;)
    Stifle likes this.