Coercer AA / Need some experienced adviced.

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Litetouch, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Litetouch New Member

Looking to set up both a PvP & Raid Spec. But have been a bit confused with the push in the strenght line. If I'm not asking to much, could some of you who have played Coercer's for a while, try and enlighten me as to the why & because to set up the AA spec a certain way. Also some clarification on the abreviations used would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Strength line is melee line. Coercers for the most part in MT (main tank) or/and OT (off-tank or other tank) groups because of hate management. So they can get very close and personal with a mob. Use two handers weapon, set your option on forced melee and let your autoattack go off now and then and you can get up to 100k additional dps. For such purpose you have to go for MA up to 600 (multi attack chance) and AOE chance at least over 60% pretty much by reforging useless spell weapon things on a gear, jewelry and weapons. I betrayed to illy but still specced for melee and love it.
  3. Kraehe New Member

easiest explanation is: because you cant put aa anywhere else to get significant dps. also, there isnt much to reforge to instead of ma or melee ae, as ability mod caps for your main triggering dps spells really fast. so you dont loose anything going for ma anyway.
    Thats assumed you want a dps coercer and not a uti centered, but that got somehow the common goal of (nearly?) all coercers.