CoE Launch day, and can't purchase the expansion online?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Atan, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

Kinda surprised I can't find a link on the EQ2 website or at the station store to actually purchase the COE expansion on launch day.

The only link I've found is a link to pre-order which if you follow is a dead end.
  2. Xsara Member

Same here. Tried last night and just now on two different computers with the same dead end results. i am really glad it is not just me.
  3. Sucha Active Member

You will probably have to wait until game is back up before being able to purchase at the more expensive non pre-order price. Also if you tried after 11:59pm PST last night pre-order would be done thus why you could not order. If you tried prior to 11:59PST not sure what the problem was.
  4. Dexella Associate Producer

We are updating our purchase flow right now. Once it's live, we will let you know. :)
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Hopefully that includes STEAM.
  6. Elhai Member

We had pre-ordered a while ago, Atan. Then Monday, we went in and cancelled the standard pre-order and switched to the CE. Just found out this morning that one of the CE purchases didn't go through. Hubby is having a small conniption at work now :p I tried to buy this morning, but can't find a working link anywhere. Hopefully, there will be one by the time the servers come up or I will have one ticked off dirge on my hands!
  7. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

pretty sure there will be around the time the servers come up, but remember it will be the normal price
  8. Razorlan New Member

Unfortunately, the ability to buy these with sc was removed a while back, (which I found out after I had stocked up my sc with the intent of using it for this). It might be why some people are having trouble finding it in the Marketplace is because they are looking for what isn't there anymore, and the page to buy it on the website was needing updating. I can understand not wanting people to use triple sc and double sc to get huge discounts, but seriously, since I don't believe in buying vanity items as a rule, I would have much preferred that triple and double sc be removed and more half off sales added to the Marketplace to compensate. I guess it will be quite a long time until I buy any more expansions, if ever, since I already spent my funds on useless sc and the normal prices of these expansions are way beyond my budget even if I did have a credit card I felt comfortable putting online after the hacking scare. :(
    Faliz likes this.
  9. Pakhet Member

You can always just use a charge up credit card if you don't trust them with a real one.
  10. Dreiden New Member

An update with an ETA and location where we will need to go for the purchase would be nice for those of us who forgot to preorder.
  11. Pakhet Member

It will probably be after or with the launch of the expac so 2ish hours.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

Mine should be covered with my Fanfare ticket, but I didn't pre-order for my son's account cause he hadn't logged in for over a month until now, and of course he wants the expansion as soon as it comes up. Figured that would be two quick clicks this morning, but I was wrong.
  13. Faliz Member

In general SOE has always tried to please their existing player base when new expac's come out and something like this occurs on game day. Maybe those cute (little) server hamsters will cause a glitch that will extend the pre-order cost of the CE version by a day or so.
  14. Slipshod Active Member

Little? (quiclky review the pics again) I think i need to go clean my glasses again... those things are less hamsters and more hamsteroids....
  15. Zorlok New Member

16. Dreiden New Member

If I get it on steam, do I require eq2 to have been connected through steam or can I access the code somewhere and activate it separately?
  17. Elhai Member

I was just able to purchase it on Sony's web site.
  18. Sabriellexx New Member

can anyone provide a link to buy it then? I have been trying to purchase it online, but the option to buy the xpac at any price that I see brings me to page about:blank, or it shows the link as javascript;
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

You can access the code and add it to your Station Account.
  20. spatialanomaly New Member

I've been out of game since the beginning of Sentinel's Fate, which I bought but barely played any of. So I guess I'm behind on Age of Discovery and the one that came out today. Does this mean I need to shell out $80 for both "standard" versions or is there a all in one "Catch up" kind of deal. I swear they used to do that, bundle the backlog expansions up so it's not as much of a wallet hit.