CoE heroics are very incomplete and need work

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Phia, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Maybe just some big big instances for heroic would be nice, i mean, you can rush through alle zones in a matter of around 2-3 hours (yeah, could be faster, but dont want to sound to fast ^^)
  2. Typos Member

no, it's not. See what i did there?
  3. Glassjaw Active Member

I don't see a problem with the chance at a nice fable or ethereal in solo instances. They are very, very rare and a good chunk of the ethereals have not even been discovered on all servers yet. I know on Nagafen that it takes more time to find and or form a group for a heroic instance that it takes to run that heroic instance. Good incentive to run solo zones was a smart choice on SoEs part imo.
  4. Gaealiege Active Member

Yeah, except the solo instance fabled/ethereal are better than the HardMode heroic drops as well. They're just flatout better than all fabled heroic rewards in fact. That's poor design.

Also there are fabled from instances, it's just upward of a full magnitude more rare than fabled from solo instances. After clearing Dreadcutter around 40 times our group has seen a single fabled dagger. You clear 40 solo instances and you'll have nearly 6-7 raid quality fabled. That's not equal whatsoever.
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Yes, that is the main problem, you get more out of solo instances..... i mean, duo instances ;)
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

I asked for an argument. That's just contradiction!
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Been borked since DoV messed it up by fully replacing SF.

KoS zones were ran in EoF for a reason (The gear was interchangable but EoF tended to be better).
    RoK and TSO did the same... some stuff form RoK was till great because of procs.
    SF and DoV: Sentinels what now I thought we were all just getting Ry'Gorr armor and calling it a day?
    SS and CoE: Skywhat now? I only need Prime Mats if i feel like crafting I get the best-in-slot from being a shut in and never grouping with anyone else... (I hate Solo zones dropping Heroic Loot tables).

I am fine with solo dropping legendary and even a rare shot at a Fabled and even an EXCEPTIONALLY rare shot at an Ethereal but cmon at least put Ethereals in Heroics, I have yet to hear of anyone getting 1 from Heroic across any server I actually talk with. At this point I don't think they even care they got their CoE Cash-cow and now we all are annoyed at them for it.

My biggest issue is Heroic/Solo non Ethereal gear being arguably on par or better than EM-Raid armor, that is my biggest gripe. I have and always will say Raid Content > Non-Raid Content in terms of gear-power.
  8. Phia Member

Please stop arguing about solo instances in this thread, this is about heroic instances and the lack of incentive to keep running them. I posted this thread almost a month ago and I thought I would post an update since I've cleared a hell of a lot more heroic zones since then.

I've been duoing heroics on my Coercer with my friend on his SK with a 2 boxed Warden healer. So 3 characters and 3 mercs. We've been clearing throne, temple, dreadcutter, crag, chelsith, and harrows end to bastion (we dont have enough dps to kill fitz).

We've gotten enough obols that I've bought 3 items so far, and I've got 4 towards my 4th. I've got a pile of spare spirits as does my duo partner. In all of this time we've seen 3 fabled drops, 2 shaman drops that were useless and 1 plate tank boot which the SK is using. He is also wearing around 6-7 fabled pieces he's gotten from solo zones, and I have fabled boots from solo zones as well.

We have spent at least 20 times as much time running heroics as running solo zones and yet most of our upgrades come from solo zones.

Our best course of action right now would be to grind mobs in the overland zones for obols since they drop much more often out there, or run solo zones for rare fableds/ethereals.

There's no reason to run the harder heroics because they drop the same tier of equipment that drops in the easiest heroics. The only 'tier' of heroic items is that temple/throne only drop 160 stat gear whereas all of the other heroics drop 163 stat gear with 0.1 more cb/pot...

They upped the drop rate of spirits which was good, they're at a decent level right now. Obols need to be more common in heroics, and they still need rare drop fableds in heroics. The rare fabled drops that do exist in heroics are so insanely rare as to not be any kind of incentive to run the zones. The ethereal items should be there for that.

I'm going to be moving to a different mmo shortly as both of my characters are fully equipped with coe heroic legendaries bar 1 slot (my coercer is missing a helm) and obols & fableds in heroics are too rare to be a drawcard, I feel like I'm wasting my time running the heroics now.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Herioc gear is also worse than Solo gear. The issue is that Heroic+ gear needs to be rebalanced currently the gear curve is this to my knowledge as a Raider.

Heroic CoE -> Skyshrine Faction -> Solo CoE -> HM Drunder -> Steward Gear -> EM CoE -> PoW/HM CoE/Avatars

This is extremely wrong Heroic was good in SF because of a few things (and to an extent in DoV)

Sentinels Fate Heroic draws (reasons to run them)

- Marks of Manarr: Guaranteed drop and didn't need special "rare" tokens. We also had quests to gain these faster.
    - Regular Legendary gear was about on par with Solo Quests and Drops though a smidge better (hardly noticeable)
    - Regular Fabled drops were better than Sundered Quests or Stonebrunt drops.
    - There was rare item off every last named (12 in all from every zone) that was just as good as Raid Gear but it was all Jewelry leaving you to Raid to get your Armor.
    - Later there were "rare" mobs that dropped gear that was better than EM Raid gear, roughly on par with T2 Gear dropped form the harder EM Encounters. Still below HM Gear but definitely worth getting even for Raiders.
    - Then you could buy these "rare named" items for Marks of Manaar much later on in SF and that gave a brand new reason to run Heroics.

Destiny of Velious Heroic Draws
    - Every Zone had its own gear set dropping from it in progressive tiers going from Tower of Frozen Shadow to Velektors Labrynth to Kael Drakkael.
    - We had Primal Velium Shards, a new version of the Mark of Manaar complete with quests but now we had to get Faction with the Velious merchants encouraging us to quest for faction and group for it too.
    - Just like SF there were select Fabled drops from most zones that people wanted. The bow from Ascent, the BP from Spire, the BP from ToRZ or some of the Jewelry from Kael Contested.
    - Later on we had "rare named" that dropped gear right up there with Kael Raid Gear.
    - We had an X2 zone that was run-able by Heroic Geared players to get entry-level Raid Gear.

Chains of Eternity Heroic Draws.
    - We have Obol, intermitently dropped by trash and we do not have quests to get more of them quicker so we are at the Need/Greed rolls mercy.
    - We have "rare" tokens which are required specially off each named for Jewelry though you must complete the Signature Quest to use the merchant.
    - Um... I just ran out of reasons to run Heroic.

Chains of Eternity Solo Draws.
    - Very rare chance at the most commonly "best in slot" item for your class for a Waist or Ear.
    - Legendary loot that is identical to Heroic loot.
    - Fabled loot complete with a Red Slot that is better than Fabled form Heroic and actually on-par with EM Raid gear.
    - A whole bunch of free Yellow Adornments that you don't need to buy anymore with the tokens.

Missing issues with CoE.
    - Solo is better than Heroic.
    - No special Fabled from the Last Names that is EM Raid Gear level.
    - No Rare Named that is better than most EM Raid gear but now quite Hard Mode.
    - No quests for tokens to buy the "faction" armors.
    - No Raid-Tokens to buy Red Adorns or anything special (this is a problem with Raiding though not Heroic)
    - No X2 Raid zone that with proper Heroic Gear can be ran.

Basically there is an extremely small loot table at least there should be like SF and have all Heroic Gear very close together but have 2 distinct sets. There should be a set of 9 Fabled Items from all the last named that is on par with EM/X2 Raid gear. The rest of the Fabled slots should be better than Heroic or Solo Legendary. There should be a table of Rare Named drops that are better than the Last Named drops. Quests for Obol would greatly help encourage zone running. Adding the Ethereals to Heroic would help too, why do Soloers only have access to them? I should be able to Group up and still get a shot, I just have to fight 5 other people for it now. Now Raiders I can see them having their own Ethereals but they are not the same as Heroic/Solo.

If anyone would care to add to this list feel free. As I said this is what I think as a Raider from SF-CoE who started playing in RoK.
  10. Gaealiege Active Member

Raiders do get ethereals if you're killing avatars!
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

The point more was that there should be Heroic Ethereals mate. I know Raiders have thier own and they are contested so be happy your Solo Ethereals aren't contested.... hey that's a good idea.
  12. Gaealiege Active Member

I know. I was just trying to make light of frustration. The current loot design is very poor and annoys me greatly.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

I hear ya, it bothers me a great deal to. I also think by now many have seen my little table about how gear should progress and what replaces what.