Cobalt Scar, Split Rock Pass, Salt Breeze Camp...MAJOR LAG

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is this just my computer, or something that everyone else has always known about but me, or something wrong with the area, or what? Whether I'm flying in or riding in or hopping off a griffon or whatever, my lovely FPS, which usually hovers between high double- and low triple-digits, plummets to single digits rapidly; I'm right now looking at an FPS of a grand and mighty ONE. Is there a mystical, magical, majorly PitA energy field that surrounds the area, along the lines of, "Well, maybe thou shall pass, but thou shalt have the Devil's own time of it, 'cause you're hated here."

What gives? :-/

Uwk

EDIT: Though I will say, it only seems to happen from certain directions or heights, now that I'm testing it again...
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

My FPS always drops in Cobalt Scar, too.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

Same, and I am on a machine quite well suited for this game. I run constantly at 144fps, drops to low double digits in CS. I think Uwk's theory on the PitA energy field is correct :p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh yay, I'm right about something stinking... :-/

Which means one of two things: a) it's a feature, not a bug (for whatever peculiar, infuriating reason) and b) it's a bug, not a feature, but The Powers have never seen any reason to do anything about it or can't nail it down and finally said, "Meh, call it a feature." :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.