Closeing of Fallen Gate

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Spunkie, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Spunkie New Member

Here we go again, dumping our toons on AB a Live Server. Guess we have a bit over a month to finish any HQ's we never finished on there. If not we will have to make toons on Kaladim, and wait until the expansion opens up?
    Yes I made toons on Kaladim LOL, but I could go over to FG and do some stuff if I wanted to. Guess that option will be gone soon. Sorry, I needed to vent a bit, put in my 2 cp's. Good Hunting All!
    Feara and Siren like this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

The same will happen to Kalidim so dont be shocked when it does, its the new way of this company doing business.
    A few things come to mind

Carrot and stick, Carnies, Milking the cow (hint: were the cow)...its all good tho as I am having more fun in the game now than I have had in many years. I know whats going on, but its better than wasting money on going out to bars and having to deal with the repercussions teh next day, and when you actually sit down and think about it..its much cheaper, you're safe at home with make believe friends or loved ones, but its with people who share the same passion for the game that you do.

And its all run by people who care about what they do and care about the players..even when they make major blunders (like Fallen gate LoL) the good intent is there but sometimes they think they know better than the folks that actually live in the world they created.

Two things the game really needs now to be successful IMHO
    Battlegrounds!..the original battlegrounds not the so called improved version or agnostic garbage.
    The flying broom mount!
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 2 others like this.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

+1 for BGs... no point having a full yet temporary PvP server when no one cares about PvE zones.
    Soara2 and Pixistik like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

+1 for broom mount LOL
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Starting today you can use that free transfer token to move from FG to another server. The HQs are still available on the Live servers, you aren't losing anything except a quiet General chat. If you're worried about the Inheritance HQ rewards back on Live, well, you aren't going to be able to do the HQs on FG when there's low population there, are you?

As long as DBG doesn't tune the loot and encounters for TLE to balance challenge/reward better, opening a new TLE is always going to kill any existing TLE server(s). OTOH, hopefully with each new TLE the tuning is getting better, so that eventually the overall experience will be better? I can only hope so.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Pixistik and 3 others like this.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

that would be a logical train of thought, but instead they completely "redo" itemization each TLE instead of make adjustments to what they did on the previous server. Same goes for tuning raid content, they should stop trying to re invent the wheel with each TLE, and just make adjustments to what they did before.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Spunkie New Member

Yes I know this, I already have moved my toons from SH to AB a long time ago. Point is if I wanted to play on live, I would log on to live server and play the 10 toons there that I have had for 15 yrs.
    (I do log on there to help my niece who is FTP from time to time).

Yes I am talking about the inheritance rewards that I can also get on TLS. I was enjoying the new content, flying again instead of leaping lol, Yes I am sure that they will close Kaladim also when it gets to that expansion. Just saying I liked to be able to go play on FG when I wanted to ( even though the population was very low and most who left are playing on new server).
    It is hard to quit playing EQ once you have it in your blood LOL, hard to believe it has been 20 years.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Feara and 2 others like this.
  8. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Yeah but I think we all know that a total revamp can be (and usually is) an automated thing (which is why itemization is so weird now), whereas the kinds of tweaks you're talking about would require the input of man-hours to be effective in any way. Man-hours which they just don't seem prepared to spend.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Lovidicus Active Member

This guy gets it. And what a great attitude. I feel like I'm in the same boat. I know what this is. I love the franchise and choose to support it even when it's questionable (They got my money for EQNext).

Cows want to be milked because it offers relief. I wanna be milked for the same reason. I just hope they put the money to some good use.
    Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  10. Satyr Well-Known Member

If the options are:

A) Do nothing and get things 80% right and
    B) Run a script over things and ruin itemisation and raid content

A is the better option and involves fewer man hours.

Honestly, doing what DBG used to do and reaching out to a few select members of the community for a list of easy fixes would have been the best way to do things.

You're overstating the amount of work required anyway. It would be trivial to lift all tier raid content to 50. They literally just can't be bothered.
    Chimeron likes this.
  11. Chimeron Member

I find it ungratefull and lazy that they havent fixed the gear better.
    My brain would explode of joy if all raid gear was lifted to 50 with some cool procs on some etc, plus Nekt2 itemisation .
    Finwen and Pixistik like this.
  12. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I agree that itemization was kind of borked for this release, its all a bunch of generic garbage that took some once really prized items and turned them into garbage..some things were better off to leave alone
    Breanna and Finwen like this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If I run across an item in the game that's Not Right, whether it's something minor like a /typo or serious issues with the itemization (/bug or /feedback) I try to always report it using /bug, /feedback, or /typo.

Why? Because /bug, /feedback, /and typo go into the bug queue and therefore some real human being at DBG will have to read them to at least triage the issue (by which I mean, check if the report is valid, and if so, they assign an internal priority to the fix). And I regularly see things I have reported noted as "fixed" in the Tuesday release notes. Don't just post here and hope, put the things directly into their workflow.

How the heck do you know it will be "trivial"? I'm going to say that even running a script requires a certain amount of man-hours (the script has to be written, tested, and run), and you already know that when they use scripting to reitemize that the results are often problematic.

You want to be sure that these things to land on a developer's plate? Use /bug, /feedback, or /typo and you are guaranteed that they are looked at, even if internal priority for a given fix is not the same as your priority. Most software teams separate bugs into tiers, which is usually something like: 1-Game Crashes and/or Loss of Data, 2-Blocks Normal Operations (such as quest-blocking bugs), 3-Low priority Bugs, 4-Cosmetic bugs, 5-"Wish List" (/feedback and various requests for future content).

Also, squeaky wheels get grease. Have everyone in the raid /bug each misitemized item. I don't know for sure how much text fits in a /bug report, but you could list as many items as will fit. Just take a few raids to have everyone in the raid do it as you do loot allocation after a kill.
    Bekkr, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

I don't think you are grasping the amount of items that would need to be done too. You would literally be spending several raid nights sitting in a zone doing /bug.
  15. Venser Active Member

People who /bug too often are put on a blocked list anyway. So have fun gl.
  16. Satyr Well-Known Member

Because I've seen how long it takes to do exactly that on an emulated server.

Incorrect. You are exceptionally naive. All mobs, CC and loot is broken on Nagafen because of a script. I am not feedbacking every mob, every crowd control spell and every piece of loot post 50+ to developers who are already well aware what the problem is. It's gotten to the point where people are being banned from Discord for simply restating what's wrong with our server.

The problems have been communicated and the development team is aware of them. Just like on past TLEs no action has been taken to correct issues, and you can expect the same treatment on Kaladim.
    Pixistik likes this.
  17. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I was with you up until this bit.

How am I overstating it? I said it would require the input of man hours. Ones they aren't willing to spend. I'm just not seeing what's wrong with that assertion.