Close, but no cigar

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tanto, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

So I've got a set of 200 resolve shoulders which dropped from PoWar I think.

Of course last week this item was no good because the sta and pot was so low. Now I log in after the patch and check it and it's no good because the sta and pot is too low.

Fetid Leather Pauldrons of Evasion: 5263 sta, 4036.5 pot.
    Fashioned Penumbra Leather Pauldrons of the Deathless (fully infused with I think a fabled bonus infuser) 5747 sta, 4653 pot.

Do we just transmute armour from these zones? Or are you going to try again to make them better than BoL loot?
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

Those pow raid armor pieces have equivalent unlocks on seru merchant that are infusable for higher stats
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Which precisely what my post is kinda demonstrating. I couldn't be bothered to screenshot and post the images. But yes, the gear on the merchant in Seru is better (by a distance) still than the dropped armour.
  4. Airwalker Member

Even the new mythical items has less stam.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It's a fairly safe bet when Kander says "the items will now be awesome and everyone is going to want them", they're a) not going to be that awesome and b) it's unlikely you're really going to want them.
    WTB designers who play the game.
    Arclite, EmJay and Argosunited like this.
  6. Lemilla Active Member

Seru-merchant 200-resolve (T10) armor:
    Potency: 3105
    + 1025 (plat infusion cap at 33% of base)
    + 225 (crafter infuser cap)
    + 255 (fabled bonus infuser cap)
    = 4610
    note: a single infusion attempt can ignore the 33% cap up to the infusers hard cap, which is 1050 for plat infusion. This results in infused items having a bit more potency than the number stated here.

Stamina: 2770
    + 914 (plat infusion cap at 33% of base)
    + 914 (crafted infuser cap at 33% of base)
    + 914 (bonus infuser cap at 33% of base)
    = 5512
    note: a single infusion attempt can ignore the 33% cap up to the infusers hard cap, which is at least 1383 for plat infusion and are 1578 for crafted and 1788 for fabled bonus infusers. This results in infused items having a bit more stamina than the number stated here.

Old PoW-dropped 200-resolve (T10) armor:
    Potency: 4036.5
    Stamina: 3601

New PoW-dropped 200-resolve (T10) armor:
    Potency: 4036.5
    Stamina: 5263

So yes, the new armor is not as good as what you can buy from the merchant. However, it does save the costs from infusing it and boosting dropped loot further will only cause more stat inflation next expansion.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. It does though look like, apart from a bit of stamina, the non-infusable jewellery is looking pretty good. But the armour has missed the mark a bit.