Clockwork Calamity Illusion overwrites EVERYTHING :*(

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Greene, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Greene Active Member

The new clockwork illusion you get for pre ordering currently overwrites every illusion I've tested, no matter what order you put them on.

Seeing how it has stats attached to it this effectively makes other illusions pointless. can this be fixed please? A lot of DBC is put into illusion stuff.
    Pengana and Ceyllynn like this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

yup.
    already posted about this,...
    we hope, in time, they will separate this like they did with the KA illusion/buff
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

You would think, since it's happened once already, it wouldn't happen a second time.
    Castegyre, Ceyllynn and Dude like this.
  4. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I'm still calibrating my confidence-o-meter, let me plug this date point in.
    Dude and Ceyllynn like this.
  5. Razpberry Member

in addition to this, the Djinn mounts overwrites everything else and you can't even hide it
  6. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I wish they could change the mechanic so that the last illusion we cast is the one that shows. Either way, I'd settle for the clockwork illusion not to overwrite the rest. :p
    Pengana, Ceyllynn and Prissetta like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

How do you get the Djinn mount?
  8. Pengana Active Member

I don't want to look like a clockwork pls, I purchased the xpac early so I could get the buff, but want my own illusion. Please!
    Prissetta and Ceyllynn like this.
  9. Duffy Active Member

Yes, we have so many nice illusions and it is a pity to see all of them overwritten. The clockwork illusion buff is really cute and everything and I appreciate the work it went to it, but I would like to be able to change illusions.
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Sure Active Member

Nth-ed.

Side note, I suspect this was done on purpose, their marketing people probably still believe that if people see other people have pre-ordered peer pressure or ooo shiny must have that too will impulse buy.

Think we need to pass a collective memo at some point, there are other ways to raise awareness of an impending product or get people excited about it.

Will not speak for everyone, but as an older, seen it all, done everything sort of personality when it comes to marketing gimmicks. PLS just stop already, this non sense started with the flying mounts back in Velious when they refused to let us hide flying mounts when on the ground, only took two or three years to finally left fliers be hidden while on the ground if you selected the show mounts never option.

If anything they should have had some kind of notice board in the in game cities with information/pictures about the new expac or something people can place in guild halls for people to occasionally check on, like a Norrathian Herald or some other printed newspaper in game. Put flashing lights on it if you want to attract attention or indicate from a distance there is some hot news or something, then again no one reads the splash screen when its bonuses so maybe the truth is, no one looks or reads at anything anyway, blind and numb to it all, overstimulated etc.;)
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

if it was less noisy I might not mind so much... being able to shrink a toon is handy in some cases, I already hide my wings when needed (deco and grouping) since aerkyn wings are so huge.