Climbable Walls

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Lungz, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Lungz Member

what are the chances we can get some climbable wall pieces for the guild halls and houses?
    Quiarrah, Sini and Afista like this.
  2. Sini Member

Second this.

Also the ladder should have a climbable collider instead of having to tilt it 15 degrees.
  3. Orpiment Member

There was already something about this when the halfling ladder made it to our crafting books -- there are issues if we want to be able to move and rearrange an object that makes it difficult to have it climbable at the same time. (I can't remember who replied on the old forums, but it was brought up)

So moveable item = no climbing

Climbing item = no moving
  4. Lungz Member

thats fine, i dont need to move it around. i just would rather have some cool climbable walls instead of using four thousand books or a hundred stairs.
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

an easy way to get to higher elevations is to set a teleporter pad next to where you are working, then raise it up to the desired height, then teleport to that pad, do your work, etc.
  6. Ruckus Well-Known Member

All of the rigging (ropes) on the Galleon of Dreams ship should have been climbable.
  7. Nailoo Member

You can use teleporter pads to move between levels, but many (myself included) would rather have proper stairs / ladders / climbable wall etc. that would better fit with the theme of our homes.

Tele pads are great for casters, erudites and maybe even for high elves or gnomes, but your average human, halfling, we or dwarf might not feel so comfortable with them. On top of that is just them not fitting the aesthetics of certain homes.

The only climbable wall I can think of is the one in the Blades house. Tbh, I don't really understand why they were built in there. A kind of thieve's den theme is cool, but it's just a hallway and small mezzanine up there. If they would've opened up both doors on the sides and added a couple rooms upstairs, it would've been interesting and fun, as well as usable.
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The Blades house has climbable walls because the Court of Blades zone has them. In the "Dukarem's Assault" version of the zone, the boss is up on the mezzanine and must be knocked off with an exploding barrel before he can be killed. Since the climbable wall is built into the zone, it is in every version of the zone unless the devs specifically go in and take it out for a particular version.
    Mystfit likes this.