Closed / Unconfirmed Client not downloading

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by LawnIQ, Nov 13, 2019.

1. LawnIQ Member

I got a new system and trying to download EQ2 and it is brutal. Its not my connection, I am on a LAN. It is so slow downloading and has been at downloading 23,739M for 4 hours.... yesterday and today. I walk away from the download and come back and almost no progress.. Says preloading assets right now... at 10%. If it closes for some reason, it starts back at 0%
    Dude likes this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I sent a message to Dreamweaver for you to see if he can get you assistance a bit quicker.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  3. LawnIQ Member

I was just at 42% of 23,739 and got disconnected for some reason, So started back again and was at 0.1% of 23,739... so all that 40% didnt stick? Thats like the 4th time this has happened.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hi Lawn,

I am going to see if I can find someone to help you troubleshoot this.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

a Local Area Network does not say much.
    Are you using a hardware based Firewall/Gateway/Router? if so, what are its configuration(s) for limiting connections/bandwidth?
    what type of ISP connection do you have?
    have you tested your connection speed with dslreports?
  6. LawnIQ Member

I can 100% promise you its not my connection... That's what I do for a living. I am now at home on wi-fi with different computer and getting the same thing from you guys. Getting 4 figure download speeds everywhere from before on the LAN just fyi... but for some reason your launcher isnt downloading properly... That's all I can tell you. Becuase it has hap[pened at two locations with 2 totally different computers.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

How are you trying to download the launcher? Through the website direct or steam?
  8. LawnIQ Member

The launcher downloaded from daybreak eq2 link.

So it was at 10% of 23,739M... then I would enter game and screw around a couple minutes. Log out, restart the launcher and it would be back at 0% of 23,739M and start all over.. so confused.
  9. LawnIQ Member

Hellloooo? Doing same thing today.

and just as point of reference... I had to re-download all my games... WoW and WoW classic both fully downloaded in under 30 seconds....so its definitely not on my side.
  10. LawnIQ Member

More from previous post.... Everytime i log in to game, the little dinosaur at the upper right starts at like 23,450GB or something.. even after I was just in game and it was down to 15,000GB... I logged out, logged back in and it started at 23 again!
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

Go into the 'advanced settings' on your launchpad and tick the box to tell it to do a full download. I think it's under the 'select game version' screen but someone else here should know if it's not. I haven't actually seen the box myself in years :)

And if you're installing into the default path you might want to try running the launcher as admin in case windows is not letting you actually save files in that location. Or install into a non protected location.
    Dude and Cyrrena like this.
  12. LawnIQ Member

This seems to be working... went from 23,000 to 17,000... exited and then came back to 17,000... thank you!!!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The streaming client is awful. Glad you mentioned the dinosaur as that is what tipped Tkia off that you were using the streaming client.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, it was the fact that they could enter game without a full download. Plus, on a new install the stupid streaming client is the default setting so any problems on an install get them to start with that tickbox.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you're seeing the little dinosaur, that's streaming, iirc. Which sucks. :-/

Download the whole thing at once without the idiot dinosaur (why is this default, DBG?), and while it still may take some time, it shouldn't be more than a couple of hours, and once you've got it for real, barring updates, you've got it for good. :)

Uwk
    who really ought to read the rest of the posts... :-/
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.