Client Freezes

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Bandoran, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Bandoran New Member

Hi guys. I recently started back playing EQ2 and I have had several problems. Originally I had a problem with the game freezing. The game will freeze and I can still hear the game music, cursor is moveable, but nothing else is responsive. There is no error message or anything like that just a perpetual frozen screen. The only way to get out of this was to ctrl+alt+del the program and after doing do the screen would close, but everquest2.exe remains in the task manager for about 10 minutes before finally closing. After contacting support several times they determined that it was my firewall causing the lockups, so I disabled it, and everything seemed to be working fine.

Except, it's still doing it, but only in certain zones. I cannot zone into major cities or certain dungeon zones without my game freezing within 20 seconds of loading. As of right now I'm stuck in the gnomish clockwork dungeon (I dont remember the name) and I cannot get out because of the freezing. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?
  2. TSR-SeanF Member

Generally when this kind of issue beings to become zone-specific it generally points to a corruption with the game client. While it is not a very convenience fix, your best bet in this case may be to reinstall the game client. You will want to do so using the following launcher:

http://launch.soe.com/eq2