Client Crash

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Shonshazzitt, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Shonshazzitt Active Member

Anything new on this error ? I still get it all the time... Generally during zoning, then BOOM!!!! Desktop

Especially when I don't have a 'G' Drive ;)
    ---------------------------------------
    Error Message: EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\Terrain\CDLODStreaming\CDLODStreamingTypeTextureBase.cpp (233):
    rtexture->Texture != NULL
    01c04580
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

EQII isn't to blame. By default, Windows doesn’t show much to user (perhaps to unneed stimulate activity of cerebral cortex, that provoke user to switch to (k)ubuntu or something like that). Do following (this will not harm common good cause) if you have not already done so:
    1) Turn off Windows Bugs Generator. Fragment of an interview in 2002 (in reverse translation):
    "..
    - Yes, not only ordinary users and programmers, but ordinary MS employees do not have a clue about the true capabilities of Windows. Most are guided by popular myths. For example, one of the most common myths is that Windows is an extremely buggy system.
    - But is that not so?
    - Of course no. In fact, Windows does not contain bugs at all. Agree, it would be strange if such a powerful corporation as MS, with its financial resources, could not cope with the task that even the creators of some free Linux homebuilt can cope with.
    - But let me, I myself have repeatedly come across ..
    - The so-called Windows bugs are not errors in the truest sense of the word. They are intentionally generated by the system. There is a secret company management circular, # 321/A, that defines the number of bugs for each version of Windows.
    - But why?!
    - Because MS doesn't want to cut chicken, laying golden eggs. Imagine that we would bring to market an ideal operating system, which is actually Windows. The market would be saturated very quickly, after which users would lose any incentive for a further upgrade. And an unstable system makes the user rather buy the next version in the hope of getting rid of the previous bugs. Do you imagine how many jobs technical support services create, release patches, etc.?
    - Is there any way to disable bugs generation?
    - Yes of course. It is enough to register in the system.ini in the [boot] section, the string bugs=off.
    - What, is it really that simple?
    - No, of course, this is a joke. Actually, you need to change the value of the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CLASSES\Interface\{00000023-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4} in the registry. By default there is Error, you need to register ErrorFree.
    - I will certainly do it immediately after the interview. What other myths about Windows can you expose?
    - It is believed that Windows takes up too much space and places excessive demands on hardware.
    - Is that also not so?
    - Of course not. In Windows system files, only a very small part of the code actually performs useful functions. The rest is just a meaningless set of bytes, which are not used at all - unless periodically control is transferred there to generate bugs. .. "
    Once upon a time, in past years, I repeatedly did this (whether it's a fictional interview or not - decide for yourself) in Windows XP, then in Windows 7 (in the case of the seven it's harder - you need to boot from a special live-linux like "Kaspersky Rescue Disk " etc. to use a special program for editing the Windows registry). I assume that one fine day MS already released a patch that, among other options, removed the value mentioned above from the registry. But I think that in this case it's not difficult to recreate it again with the correct entry (from a special live-inux of course).
    2) Open Device Manager. On the "Advanced Tab" (once the Advanced System Settings are open, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by the “Environment Variables” option you will find on the bottom right side), click on "Environment Variables", and then click on "New" in the section of the same name (“System Variables”). [IMG]
    Next, name the variable "devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices" and the value "1". After that, click "ok" and restart the computer. [IMG]
    Now, in the Device Manager, click on “View/Show Hidden Devices” to see devices not previously displayed in the Device Manager. Some of them, not being deleted, may be the culprits of certain issues in the system ;)