Clerics being able to cast heals on the run.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Numdyar, May 15, 2022.

1. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Personally, I think they need to get rid of the multiple different types of cures and multiple different types of heals. Having a bar full of these are ridiculous. Let one or two cures cure everything. Heals, have 1 or 2 group heals and 1 or 2 regular heals. Overall, every class has too many spells and they are not needed if the devs would have simply upgraded the damage/heal/whatever of the most of the spells we have. Do we really need 10 hotbars to cover our monitor screens?
  2. Sunlei Well-Known Member

You could click O open the macro book, put all your heals in one macro and cures in second macro--then click 2 keys... J/K /s :):)

10 hotbars?? maybe 3-up when grouping- one for heals/cures-one for debuffs/damages/one for utility/quick necessities/item casts. maybe spend a day reorganizing.

no there is varity among heals, types, speeds, the way cures cast,, to limit cures & heals to two or three spells would be so boring to me.
  3. Suidakra Active Member

For Channelers, depending on AA, they get fervor/fervor overcap for 2 seconds every time they move.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Ayodi Active Member

It boils down to the level of skill a player has/uses. The myriad of heal selection can be selected for active hot bar use entirely at the pleasure of the healer player. The suggestion to dumb-down everyone else's option to fewer heal selections demonstrates a terminal case of plug & play mentality, IME. EQII is an accommodating game for all, depending how much we are willing to dig into and learn our classes. For my own 2 cents worth, all ten hot bars are needed, and I am shocked! Shocked I tell you, the SC market store does not offer additional hot bars for sale :)

-the Ayodi
    Arielle Nightshade and Twyla like this.
  5. Riverbear Active Member

If one rigs for casting speed, it is entirely probable to dark your dash board in a challenging contest.
    The extended clips of heal abilities are kinda needed with current cool down/reuse/whatever impediments.
    While having a moment to reach over for a sip of coffee or to down another bon-bon while I WAIT for my handful of spells to be available again has some appeal, yet, I would rather be able to remain engaged with the fight.
    Ten hot bars for the win.
    Be well.
    Ayodi, Arielle Nightshade and Twyla like this.
  6. stellablue New Member

the mystic does not have run buff ability unfortunately it would be nice if they did give that to all healers :)
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Ayodi Active Member

Some other healers do not have pets that proc protections & heals & cures for the group either. Mystics are different. Please read up and enjoy the well worded and thoughtful discussion by many on this talk.

-the Ayodi
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Unrivaled Member

Seeing who the OP is, i'm going to guess this was a conversation initially driven towards TLE.

On TLE, casting on the run for only one healer archetype, which works as it was originally designed; and is a raid staple (running 2-3 clerics is normal). Seems a bit out of wack.

I haven't played on live in awhile (since Kunark 2.0), but the idea of not running at least one templar seems strange simply due to incoming damage debuffs on their debuffs, and the myriad of other cool defensive stuff they offer like faster curse cures, shield of faith, group magical DR, equilibrium, etc.

Also this idea that really anyone wants to be in a templar group has been a running joke in this game as long as it's been around, except for that small period of time that people ran templars in mage groups for blessings, sanctuary, and the awesome group cure.

You don't run a templar for damage, you run one to make sure that your most important group in the raid doesn't die and is as stable as possible. With the addition of the Xelgad max hp debuffs (now incoming damage) in the original prestige, he fixed the idea of content being so easy you run more offensive healers. Sidelining templars.

Also to respond to another fictitious post on here, druids have always had the highest raw healing in the game. Since the near inception of EQ2 if you've played this long, reactives/wards were better because they trigger first.

Warden's/Inqs/Channelers/Fury (With Pact) couldn't fill the shoes of templar even with prestige and the Kunark abilities, i'm not sure what would've changed that.
    Ayodi likes this.
  9. Ayodi Active Member

Well spoken. Your perspective is refreshing. In short Dirges' heal parse numbers changed the Current VoV take
    into the thoroughly wrong belief that the buffs a toon brings to bear define the toon. Blame the Dirge :) Same gear, same days played, same quality of abilities, I rarely see Temps outclassed other than possibly Mystic. Healers who spend AA's on DPS are not using AA's on Heals. That's a given. I agree that there is no match for stand-and-deliver-healing to Templar................ cepting maybie the Dirge. Vivat!

-The Ayodi